Sign in to follow this  
RichieFly

DC-6 for P3Dv4 Question and Issues

Hi,

Here goes a thread for general comments and question about the new PMDG DC-6 aircraft for P3D.

I'm having a few of each (questions and issues) and thought a place for this should be started. (If this is a bad idea or not something the mods want, I'll understand if this is closed or deleted.)

First, a very pretty aircraft and I really like it. Sounds and looks great.

Second, my frames are not too good. I'm seeing less than 20 FPS on the ground. I mention this because I generally get very good frames with the PMDG 747 and 737. So, I was surprised by this. Any thoughts as to why? I assumed a less complex (avionics-wise) aircraft would be better. (I'll try rebooting and see if that helps.)

Once again--not complaining or anything, just wondering.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

3 minutes ago, RichieFly said:

First, a very pretty aircraft and I really like it. Sounds and looks great.

Thanks.

3 minutes ago, RichieFly said:

Second, my frames are not too good. I'm seeing less than 20 FPS on the ground. I mention this because I generally get very good frames with the PMDG 747 and 737. So, I was surprised by this. Any thoughts as to why? I assumed a less complex (avionics-wise) aircraft would be better. (I'll try rebooting and see if that helps.)

My frames are generally better with the 6 than our other products. Do you have a throttle axis assigned in FSUIPC?

Kyle Rodgers

I do Kyle.

I've rebooted and have excluded P3Dv4 and other resources from Windows Defender.

I'll do some more testing after dinner.

Why do you ask about FSUIPC? Is there something I should know? :cool:

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

2 minutes ago, RichieFly said:

Why do you ask about FSUIPC? Is there something I should know? :cool:

If you have a throttle axis assigned in FSUIPC, it may conflict with the AFE, which may cause stutters. Still trying to chase that down to pin it down to something specific.

Kyle Rodgers

I assumed that not assigning control axis in FSUIPC with PMDG products was a general rule.

Dan Downs KCRP

36 minutes ago, downscc said:

I assumed that not assigning control axis in FSUIPC with PMDG products was a general rule.

You don't have to assume anything Dan, it's written in black and white in every Intro manual ;)

2 minutes ago, MarkW said:

I have all axis assigned with fsuipc on all my PMDG aircraft and have never experienced any ill effects. 

That's the age old trap of just because something has worked so far, it will continue to work in the future.

Hi,

It's a great model. Thank you. I have a request for removing keys F1 and F2 from Throttle cut / Throttle full. I use Chase Plane and have assigned different views under mentioned keys.

-----

Rafal Rybinski

Tried it again with no fsuipc mapped controls. No difference...

Oh well. At least I'm flying the '6'.

Edit:

Well, I looked at some other aircraft and they're not performing either. So, looks like it is something else. Maybe the updated ASP4 or ASCA or something. 

I'll check back if I figure anything out.

Richard Chafey

MSFS 2020, DCS

13 minutes ago, rafgath said:

Hi,

It's a great model. Thank you. I have a request for removing keys F1 and F2 from Throttle cut / Throttle full. I use Chase Plane and have assigned different views under mentioned keys.

You can do that yourself in P3D/FSX control settings

2 minutes ago, PMDG777 said:

You can do that yourself in P3D/FSX control settings

You really think I did not do it before. Must be hidden somewhere in the model.

• Upvote 1

-----

Rafal Rybinski

3 minutes ago, rafgath said:

You really think I did not do it before. Must be hidden somewhere in the model.

I doubt PMDG have "hidden" key assignments into the model, there must be something you have that is conflicting.

Im also having button assignment problems. I use an xbox one gamepad with the left and right bumper assigned in p3d to increase or decrease throttle. It is not working currently for the DC6. Keyboard mappings work fine though. Is the throttle required to be assigned to an axis instead of buttons? 

EDIT: I dont use FSUIPC

PC- AMD Ryzen 7800X3D, 64gb 6400mhz RAM, Nvidia RTX4090

Another question:

In the tutorial #1, a flight plan is mentioned. (PMDG DC-6 Tutorial #1 KPDX-KSEA)

Does this exist and if so, where?

Richard Chafey

MSFS 2020, DCS