Sign in to follow this  
RichieFly

DC-6 for P3Dv4 Question and Issues

Hi all

I have 2 questions as my DC6 does not seam to do this

1/ Should it save the hours on the air frame, engines and propellers? Mine always start with 0.19 hours even though I have done many more all in the same repaint (The BOAC cargo repaint) or is there something I need to do to get it to record the hours

2/ Same for the fuel state? mine is always fully loaded with Fuel.

Thanks in advance if you can help

Bob Laycock

58 minutes ago, RichieFly said:

Another question:

In the tutorial #1, a flight plan is mentioned. (PMDG DC-6 Tutorial #1 KPDX-KSEA)

Does this exist and if so, where?

I was going to ask the same question (P3Dv4).

Stéphane LI-THIAO-TE

vpa055.png

16 minutes ago, rlaycock said:

Hi all

I have 2 questions as my DC6 does not seam to do this

1/ Should it save the hours on the air frame, engines and propellers? Mine always start with 0.19 hours even though I have done many more all in the same repaint (The BOAC cargo repaint) or is there something I need to do to get it to record the hours

2/ Same for the fuel state? mine is always fully loaded with Fuel.

Thanks in advance if you can help

Bob Laycock

Are you running the sim as admin? Right click > Run as Administrator?

19 minutes ago, PMDG777 said:

Are you running the sim as admin? Right click > Run as Administrator?

Thanks for the response

I think so

I am the only user and log on as admin However I dint usual right click and run as admin.

I will give it a go.

Regards

Bob Laycock

8 hours ago, RichieFly said:

Another question:

In the tutorial #1, a flight plan is mentioned. (PMDG DC-6 Tutorial #1 KPDX-KSEA)

Does this exist and if so, where?

Glad I'm not the only one who can't find this file.

Blackrat

Thank God for the Forums .......

MSFS2020

MICHAEL J     proud supporter

KJAX   FLORIDA

I screwed up. I didn't put it in with the docs.

In the meantime, you can take the route I mentioned in the docs and put it in a route builder, or even a more involved planner like PFPX or SimBrief.

Kyle Rodgers

Anyone else having CTD at various times with DC-6.  I did the first tutorial without issue.  Second one, crash on taxi.  Third attempt completed the second tutorial and sim crashed and vanished from my screen on taxi in.  Seemed to be just when I clicked on the virtual FO but I did that numerous times previously without issue.  Nothing shows up in Appcrashview.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

I've had 1 CTD right at touchdown. 

And, about the realistic engine starts:

After the CTD, I tried again to do a quick ILS approach. I started on the runway cold and dark.

#2 started at first. Then as I was getting ready for takeoff, I noticed #2 was dead.

#2 engine won't start again. I tried over and over. I tried the 'ready for taxi' option. I've looked at the maintenance page. Nothing there. I repaired the engine too. Still, no dice.

Is this by design? Vapor lock? It wasn't hot or high altitude.

Wierd.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

1 hour ago, MarkW said:

Anyone else having CTD at various times with DC-6.  I did the first tutorial without issue.  Second one, crash on taxi.  Third attempt completed the second tutorial and sim crashed and vanished from my screen on taxi in.  Seemed to be just when I clicked on the virtual FO but I did that numerous times previously without issue.  Nothing shows up in Appcrashview.

Same here. No problems on the fist flights now CTD every time during Taxi. Nothing shows up just crash to the desktop. Maybe it has no relation but it has started when I started set the pressurization.

Regards

-----

Rafal Rybinski

7 minutes ago, rafgath said:

Same here. No problems on the fist flights now CTD every time during Taxi. Nothing shows up just crash to the desktop.

Regards

So just to try an narrow this down.  

1) Have you setup your throttle and rpm axis with FSUIPC? (I have).

2) Are you using Chaseplane.

3) Using LINDA (I doubt this is a problem, there isn't even a module for the DC6 yet)

Those are about the only things that stand out as possibilities.  I don't think its scenery because no crashes in the same places with the 747, 777 and 737 (I like to test with ORBX PNW and FSDT Vancouver).

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

2 minutes ago, MarkW said:

So just to try an narrow this down.  

1) Have you setup your throttle and rpm axis with FSUIPC? (I have).

2) Are you using Chaseplane.

3) Using LINDA (I doubt this is a problem, there isn't even a module for the DC6 yet)

Those are about the only things that stand out as possibilities.  I don't think its scenery because no crashes in the same places with the 747, 777 and 737 (I like to test with ORBX PNW and FSDT Vancouver).

1. No

2. Yes

3. No

I also used B737 and 747 from the same airport without any issue.

-----

Rafal Rybinski

On 7/20/2017 at 3:43 PM, scandinavian13 said:

Thanks.

My frames are generally better with the 6 than our other products. Do you have a throttle axis assigned in FSUIPC?

My frames are fine but I have a different issue. I DO have FSUIPC mapping my throttles to a throttle quadrant. I just found out from this thread that this is a nono. Obviously the AFE controls them just fine and I can mouse around with them but other than enabling the hardware in P3D is there a workaround for manual throttle control? BTW, just as a FYI - I searched through all the docs provided and found nothing about FSUIPC issues.

AS to the other posts - I am experiencing no other issues, stutters, CTD, low fps, etc.

My first airline flight was in a DC6 so this brings back a lot of memories.

Thanx,

Vic Baron

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

On Friday I completed both tutorial flights without any issues.

On Saturday morning I had CTDs at EHAM during taxi or during takeoff (if I skipped the taxiing), but no errors showing up in AppView.

I had the throttle setup in FSUIPC. Removing the ini file and setting up the throttle in P3D didn't solve the issue: another CTD on takeoff. Deleting the throttle axis and using keyboard and mouse to control the throttle so far solved the issue for me (so far).

Marc ter Heide

Well first of all I am glad that FSUIPC is not the common denominator.  Not the first time Chaseplane has cause a problem, particularly with a newly released aircraft.  Hopefully this gets looked at an corrected soon.

Mark W   CYYZ