Sign in to follow this  
RichieFly

DC-6 for P3Dv4 Question and Issues

9 minutes ago, vgbaron said:

My frames are fine but I have a different issue. I DO have FSUIPC mapping my throttles to a throttle quadrant. I just found out from this thread that this is a nono. Obviously the AFE controls them just fine and I can mouse around with them but other than enabling the hardware in P3D is there a workaround for manual throttle control? BTW, just as a FYI - I searched through all the docs provided and found nothing about FSUIPC issues.

AS to the other posts - I am experiencing no other issues, stutters, CTD, low fps, etc.

My first airline flight was in a DC6 so this brings back a lot of memories.

Thanx,

Vic Baron

Its not supported but not at all a no no.  If you set them up correctly there is absolutely no issue that I have found.  

Quoting from another thread:

Only one thing is important - DON'T calibrate the inputs in FSUIPC, and You can NOT use: "Send direct for FSUIPC Calibration"

But use instead: "Send to FS as normal Axis" - assign Throttles to: "Axis Throttle (N) Set", which according to the FSUIPC developer Peter Dowson does exact the same as using the P3D Controller assigments, but gives You the option to use seperate setups for different aircraft.

• Upvote 1

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

31 minutes ago, RichieFly said:

Is this by design? Vapor lock? It wasn't hot or high altitude.

Check the maintenance panel. Additionally, you may want to enable notifications on the options panel. It'll tell you what is going wrong.

If you abuse the plane, it'll abuse you back...occasionally silently.

Kyle Rodgers

38 minutes ago, MarkW said:

but use instead: "Send to FS as normal Axis" - assign Throttles to: "Axis Throttle (N) Set", which according to the FSUIPC developer Peter Dowson does exact the same as using the P3D Controller assigments, but gives You the option to use seperate setups for different aircraft.

That makes sense! I'll give it a shot. Thanx Mark!

edit: some success. Using this method, I can map all four throttles to a single axis but not individually. Makes it impossible to walk the throttles but at least I can now control them.

Vic Baron

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I reloaded and all went well.

I'll do as you suggest and turn on notifications. I wonder if I was idling at too low of an RPM and had poor oil pressure...

It's really nice to have realistic modeling. A2A has this too, as you know.

I set the engine on fire on my first flight in the Comanche. 

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

1 hour ago, vgbaron said:

That makes sense! I'll give it a shot. Thanx Mark!

edit: some success. Using this method, I can map all four throttles to a single axis but not individually. Makes it impossible to walk the throttles but at least I can now control them.

Vic Baron

You can assign to each axis. You just assigned all to one. Look for axis throttle 1 set etc.  You just use the axis rpm set as there is only one rpm axis.  I tied mine to the joystick on my yoke. 

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

2 hours ago, MarkW said:

You can assign to each axis. You just assigned all to one. Look for axis throttle 1 set etc.  You just use the axis rpm set as there is only one rpm axis.  I tied mine to the joystick on my yoke. 

Yes, it's interesting. I assigned each throttle individually. Moving each individually will change each engine accordingly BUT #2,3,4 have no individual animation in the VC. Using #1 moves all four AND changes power on all four. 

Vic Baron

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

11 minutes ago, MarkW said:

Are you sure engine 1 is axis throttle 1 set and not axis throttle set?

LOL - yes and no. #1 WAS set to Axis Throttle Set. Other three were Axis Throttlex Set. BUT changed #1 to Axis Throttle1 Set and lose all animation of the throttles. They work as far as adjusting power but no visual movement. Putting #1 back to Axis Throttle Set makes all four animate.

Go figure.  :)

Vic Baron

15 hours ago, MarkW said:

Quoting from another thread:

Only one thing is important - DON'T calibrate the inputs in FSUIPC, and You can NOT use: "Send direct for FSUIPC Calibration"

But use instead: "Send to FS as normal Axis" - assign Throttles to: "Axis Throttle (N) Set", which according to the FSUIPC developer Peter Dowson does exact the same as using the P3D Controller assigments, but gives You the option to use seperate setups for different aircraft.

Mark, this really helped me fix my throttle problems with my brand new P3Dv4 & DC-6 install.  I have always had success using FSUIPC with PMDG planes but when I tried to use my normal setup through FSUIPC the "Send direct for FSUIPC Calibration" was not working for me.  Then I found this thread.  I changed everything for a DC-6 specific set to "Send to FS as normal Axis" - assign Throttles to: "Axis Throttle (N) Set" and I still could not control the throttles.  It turned out I still needed to follow this one - DON'T calibrate the inputs in FSUIPC.  Once I removed the calibration for each throttle it all started working.

Thanks for you post, it saved me a bunch of time and frustration.

• Upvote 1

Jerry Hayman

56 minutes ago, HondaJet said:

DON'T calibrate the inputs in FSUIPC.  Once I removed the calibration for each throttle it all started working.

Hmm. I'll have t check this. I set up this profile a lng time ago for the A2A B17 and I did calibrate. I'll have to hunt thru the ini file and remove it.

Thanx,

Vic Baron

Could someone please tell me how to get the PMDG GNS400 /not the 430/ to switch to CDI from VLOC and follow the flight plan? Thanks! :-)

1hxz6d.png
kityatyi

I7 6700K 4.6 GHz, MSI Geforce GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5

16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 2666 MHz RAM, 750GB SSD, 1TB HDD

19 hours ago, MarkW said:

This is how I have mine set and when I move my hardware throttles, I can see the RPM go up accordingly, but the VC throttle doesn't move and the RPM comes right back down right away.

Could it be the AFE causing me not to be able to control my throttles, and is there a setting in the options that I'm missing?

I have tried selecting "Abort" on the AFE panel, but it seems to have no effect on the throttles.

Thank you,

Bob

Does anyone have some basic guidelines for engine management.  I should add that I see all the power charts in the POH, however, not yet ready for that level of detail/study.

So far I have:

1) Takeoff - Set MP to 30.

2) Full Power - MP 50, RPM full

3) Climb - MP 40 , RPM 25

4) Cruise - MP 35, RPM 23

5) Descent MP 26, RPM 22

Move the cowl flaps as needed and use carb heat when going through clouds.

Is this about right?  First time trying on my own and I killed all the engines because I stayed at MP 40 for too long (I think).

Mark W   CYYZ