Sign in to follow this  
RichieFly

DC-6 for P3Dv4 Question and Issues

2 hours ago, FSXtreme said:

This is how I have mine set and when I move my hardware throttles, I can see the RPM go up accordingly, but the VC throttle doesn't move and the RPM comes right back down right away.

Could it be the AFE causing me not to be able to control my throttles, and is there a setting in the options that I'm missing?

I have tried selecting "Abort" on the AFE panel, but it seems to have no effect on the throttles.

Thank you,

Bob

I've got my throttles working perfectly now.:biggrin:

I'm using the PFC Throttle Quadrant with four levers.

I set each to "Axis Throttle Set #" through P3Dv4 in "Axis Assignments", then go into the Joystick Calibration and make sure "Reset" is selected for each lever and no management is coming from these settings in FSUIPC. It's working beautifully.

I appreciate everybody's help.

Thank you,

Bob

14 hours ago, FSXtreme said:

I've got my throttles working perfectly now.:biggrin:

I'm using the PFC Throttle Quadrant with four levers.

I set each to "Axis Throttle Set #" through P3Dv4 in "Axis Assignments", then go into the Joystick Calibration and make sure "Reset" is selected for each lever and no management is coming from these settings in FSUIPC. It's working beautifully.

I appreciate everybody's help.

Thank you,

Bob

I think you mixed something up. It should read:

I set each to "Throttle#"...

Happy flying!
Alexander M. Metzger

3 minutes ago, metzgergva said:

Nope nothing is mixed up. Axis Throttle 1 Set etc. is correct.

11 minutes ago, PhilippS1234 said:

Is it only on my DC6 or are the props moving scripted? They're always stopping with blade upwards. No position between.

Welcome to the forum. Full names - first and last - are required in your posts here.

As far as your question goes, I'm not sure I follow. The props stop however they end up stopping. If you look at the pictures on our Facebook page (with all the different liveries), you can see they stop all over the place.

Kyle Rodgers

21 hours ago, MarkW said:

Does anyone have some basic guidelines for engine management.  I should add that I see all the power charts in the POH, however, not yet ready for that level of detail/study.

You might find this link helpful:

http://www.stpaulairlines.com/spa-training/Ground/Historical/fly_dc-6b.htm

• Upvote 1

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049 

5 hours ago, metzgergva said:

No, what I'm using is "Axis Throttle Set 1"  through 4.  I couldn't get it to work with just "Throttle Set 1" through 4.

2 hours ago, FSXtreme said:

No, what I'm using is "Axis Throttle Set 1"  through 4.  I couldn't get it to work with just "Throttle Set 1" through 4.

I think he's referring to

Axis Throttle1 Set and opposed to Axis Throttle Set 1.

The former is correct.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

5 hours ago, vgbaron said:

I think he's referring to

Axis Throttle1 Set and opposed to Axis Throttle Set 1.

The former is correct.

Vic

Yes, you are correct.  I was going by memory, which usually doesn't serve me well :happy:

18 hours ago, AviatorMan said:

Wow that is amazing.  thanks.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000