Sign in to follow this  
doublebubble

Non sequential scenery library layer order in P3DV4

As the title say's, I have no idea why, how, when this could have occurred, I have what is Orbx compatiable at the moment installed, FSDT, FB which installed in there default addon manager, A1 ships, MyTraffic 6A as per the XML method, I just opened the scenery library via the P3DV4 world scenery GUI and the error appeared, would I like P3D to try and repair it? Yes, but it can't, I have no idea as to where to start, there are a few greyed out scenery layers in the library which are the FSDT and Flightbeam sceneries which were installed as per there new default addon manager arrangment, whether thats what it's referring to I have no idea, if anyones got a clue I'm all ears.

Cheers Rod.

All i can say is, i experienced the same when i switched off a mesh or whatever for scenery testing reasons or so in the library. Then the message appeared. And i think it appeared every time i switched a checkbox.

I have to say iirc in Lorby's tool i saw some of my sceneries with the same layer number, i don't know if this is a bug or if it's okay or if it has something to do with it. Will have to check again. Didn't use the tool and the sim for some days now.

It's still the year of testing for me. :-)

I had this same problem. This corrected the non sequential issue.

Have a look at each of your scenery add-on.xml files (I use notepad++) and delete the layer line. Make sure you save the file as a UTF-8 encoded file.

15 minutes ago, bills511 said:

I had this same problem. This corrected the non sequential issue.

Have a look at each of your scenery add-on.xml files (I use notepad++) and delete the layer line. Make sure you save the file as a UTF-8 encoded file.

Well, yes, that would correct the error BUT if your add-on REQUIRES a specific layer, that just got removed. No layer defaults to top layer - sometimes not where you want specific scenery. I wouldn't recommend that as a solution unless you know what you are doing with the Scenery Library.

I've had that error message come and go and I just ignore it. I've selected fix it and haven't noticed any difference. I suspect it's like a lot of the content errors - technically an error but practically not a big deal.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Thanks guy's, the more I come to this forum the more I learn in one way or another, the "layer', the more it was mentioned above something clicked, I looked at the xml document for MyTraffic6 which had a >layer114< in it, checked the scenery library from the P3dV4 in sim GUI and it was layered at 91, mmm, removed the layer section from the xml document and presto no more non sequential layer error, thanks for the spark.

Cheers Rod.

Be aware to remove the layer number in any xml because in the result without any layer assignment that scenery will automaticly set to number one position. Lots of issues predictable...

Allways three greens,
Markus

VFR-Flightsimmer.de

Hello @ll,

this is actually a bug in the validation logic of the scenery library dialog. You can safely ignore this message (if it is caused by external add-on.xml definitions).

If you remove the layer information from the add-on.xml files, most of that scenery will probably stop working correctly, because it is always layered on top of the scenery.cfg and in the order that the package definitions appear (=no particular order at all).

See here:

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6307&t=125876

Best regards

LORBY-SI

I'm not sure if this is relevant or not but I'm only using MyTraffic for the liveries with Psxseecontraffic, during a number of flights there doesn't seem to be any issue's with the layer number not being in the xml file.

Cheers Rod 

59 minutes ago, doublebubble said:

I'm not sure if this is relevant or not but I'm only using MyTraffic for the liveries with Psxseecontraffic, during a number of flights there doesn't seem to be any issue's with the layer number not being in the xml file.

Cheers Rod 

Hi Rod,

If you are only using the aircraft models, I suggest that you remove the scenery part of MyTraffic from the XML completely. MyTraffic has a ton of BGL files in there, and it would be wise to turn them off when they are not needed anyway (these are the AI flightplans and hundreds of altered taxi layouts and parking positions for many airports). Unless the live traffic app uses them in some way of course - and then the layer matters, because if not placed correctly, MyTraffic has the highest priority and it will overwrite all similar airport layouts that you have in the scenery.cfg. It is recommended to keep the MyTraffic scenery between the default and the addon scenery - and that is only possible by setting a correct layer number. That way it will exclude the default airports but not come into conflict with addon scenery.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

Thanks Oliver and duly noted, there's one other thing, when I place a layer no. in the xml is doesn't coincide with the same no. in the scenery library, if I set an xml layer no. say 114 it shows up in the scenery library at lets say layer no.99 it never ends up in the in the same position as what's placed in the xml hence I think thats where I get the non sequential layer error, that confuse's me, I've tried different layer no.s in the xml as an experiment an it's never the same in the library.

Cheers Rod.

It is confusing. In the Scenery LIBRARY you are counting from the top down - in the scenery config you are counting from the bottom UP. So layer 114 would be 114 from the bottom which would be a different number in the Scenery Library. I find it much easier to use Oliver's P4AO and drag the scenery to the proper position.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

19 minutes ago, doublebubble said:

Thanks Oliver and duly noted, there's one other thing, when I place a layer no. in the xml is doesn't coincide with the same no. in the scenery library, if I set an xml layer no. say 114 it shows up in the scenery library at lets say layer no.99 it never ends up in the in the same position as what's placed in the xml hence I think thats where I get the non sequential layer error, that confuse's me, I've tried different layer no.s in the xml as an experiment an it's never the same in the library.

Cheers Rod.

Hi Rod,

in the Scenery Library dialog you see the priority, not the layer number. It is upside down IIRC. The "priority" exists only on this dialog as an additional information for the user, it is not a parameter that you can set anywhere.

Again: that XML and scenery.cfg have the same layer numbers is OK, that is per spec. That the P3D library dialog complains about it is a bug in P3D that has been acknowledged by LM - as you can see in my linked post in the P3D developers forum.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

Oh "OK" it's slowly becoming clearer, I'll get there, thankyou.

Cheers Rod.