Sign in to follow this  
THibben

I give up

I can't seem to get Prepar3d4 installed correctly.  I have tried deleting it, yet every time I try to reinstall it says it is already installed. I wan't to install

it on my E: drive and I can't.  I guess it is time to just give up.

Tom

There is a practical solution. Unfortunately I don't know what that is, based on the information.

Good luck.

There's always a solution. Always. A lot depends on how computer-savvy you are and as Aaron said the information is simply not there. Try re-posting with your computer specs. Is this a dedicated flightsim computer or do you use it for other stuff as well? Is a clean install (Windows included) an option?

The worst thing you can do is rush into things and when it goes pear-shaped you get frustrated. One step at a time is always sound advice.

Cheers.

• Upvote 2

MSI Pro Z690-A DDR4 | i5 13600KF | G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3600MHz | ASUS TUF RTX 3080 (12GB) | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung 850EVO 500GB | 2TB Seagate HDD | Deepcool AK500 CPU Cooler | Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS | CH Yoke | Win 11 22H2 build | MSFS2020 |

Tony K.

Make sure to delete the folders in programdata/ Lockheed Martin and user/appdata/Lockheed Martin 

Kevin Humphryes

Just last night I was having issues with P3Dv4 and decided to uninstall it to do a fresh install. I followed the steps in a post on the P3D official forums. Maybe this will help you out.

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6322&t=125187&sid=28976fdbbb80bc748f5197f1ab2e98c3

I have my P3Dv4 installed on my E: drive. There are also clear instructions for installing P3D on here and the P3D forums. I am new to P3D so these are the instructions I used when I first installed it a couple weeks ago.

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6322&t=120676&sid=28976fdbbb80bc748f5197f1ab2e98c3

Hope this helps and best of luck to you.

• Upvote 1

Anthony A. Moise

fbsupporter2.jpg

Thanks everyone for the encouragement.  I will give it another try tomorrow.

I used to be very computer savvy but I am now 83 years old and losing my memory.  It is pretty hard to remember how to do things sometimes.

My computer is very high end with 12 G of memory.  The hard drive I am trying to install in is my E: drive and is a 500GB SSD with 250 GB of unused space.  I do have FSX installed on it which works very well with high fps.  I did have Prepar3Dv4 running on it a short time ago but ran into some problems and removed it.  I just can't remember how to reinstall.

Thanks again,

Tom 

Wow. I hope I'm still at this at 83! :)

Don't throw in the towel just yet. The guide Anthony posted is great and when followed step by step, a solid resource.

Good luck! 

Keep the blue part on top...

Ryzen 7800x3D | ASUS Rog Strix B650E-F | MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X | 64GB DDR5 6000Mhz RAM | 2x Samsung 960 M.2 SSD | 2x Samsung 850 SSD | NZXT Kraken x72 Cooler | EVGA 1000 PSU

simple can you not print out the LM instructions then have them by your side when installing/reinstalling ,it all there on LM site, and with a bit of luck job done,I have had a poor memory for all my life so I write things down,just imagine what it will be like when you,r 103 yrs old, good look 

Peter

4 hours ago, THibben said:

I have tried deleting it, yet every time I try to reinstall it says it is already installed.

Could be part of the problem. Are you just deleting the P3D folder or running the uninstaller and deleting any remaining fragments that might be left over?

Generally it's not a good idea to just "delete" a program without running the uninstaller.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I love topics like this someone not knowing what they are doing and screwing up their installation because they will not do a clean fresh windows installation and installation of v4 out of shear laziness.  Quick question how old are you Tom? 

. I have tried deleting it, yet every time I try to reinstall it says it is already installed. I wan't to install

Tom

14ppkc-6.png

2 minutes ago, tooting said:

I love topics like this someone not knowing what they are doing and screwing up their installation because they will not do a clean fresh windows installation and installation of v4 out of shear laziness.  Quick question how old are you Tom? 

You should the entire post. He says he's 83 and losing his memory.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, tooting said:

because they will not do a clean fresh windows installation and installation of v4 out of shear laziness.  Quick question how old are you Tom? 

Hello Pete

Tom has already stated he is 83 years young. 

There is no need to ever do a Windows reinstall to either Uninstall or Reinstall Prepar3D,  In most situations this is completely unnecessary  

• Upvote 7

I can't seem to get Prepar3d4 installed correctly.  I have tried deleting it, yet every time I try to reinstall it says it is already installed. I wan't to install

it on my E: drive and I can't.  I guess it is time to just give up.

Tom

1 minute ago, Poppet said:

Hello Pete

Tom has already stated he is 83 years young. 

There is no need to ever do a Windows reinstall to either Uninstall or Reinstall Prepar3D,  In most situations this is completely unnecessary  

Is it possible that P3D will still be listed in the Control Panel uninstall if he just deleted the folder? And if so can it still uninstall any remaining files and folders so he can reinstall?

2 hours ago, THibben said:

I did have Prepar3Dv4 running on it a short time ago but ran into some problems and removed it.  I just can't remember how to reinstall.

Hello Tom,

Is it possible you actually still have Prepar3D Installed ?  If this is the version you want to Install again you could just click Repair  and this action will Reinstall Prepar3D for you

Additionally to Anthony's  links we have the 3 Pinned Topics here on Avsim on how to Install, Update and Reinstall Prepar3D all with Images Included,  at the link below 

https://www.avsim.com/forums/forum/657-prepar3d-tips-tricks-and-how-tos/

Didnt see the 83,  it's 0600 on my way to work.  

Of course poppet you can install on a malware ridden pc with numerous versions of fsx, p3d,  steam etc etc and you being the voice of LM you have to say that line, but you know and I know and anyone who's pc savvy knows,   it's always better on a clean fresh pc with an OS with all the updates installed and the hdd defraged if it's not a Ssd.

Tom if youre willing to wipe your pc and install from fresh I'll personally teamviewer onto your pc and install it so it smooth as silk

• Upvote 1

14ppkc-6.png