Sign in to follow this  
THibben

I give up

4 hours ago, tooting said:

Takes 2 hours tops.

2 hours for stock windows, it takes forever to download all the available updates.

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

Why don't admins start blocking trolls and deleting replies with snarky comments.  I swear this is getting old. 

17 hours ago, tooting said:

I love topics like this someone not knowing what they are doing and screwing up their installation

Quick question how old are you Tom? 

and you being the voice of LM you have to say that line

you dont get it do you

Im not beiing rude.  Its common sense and based on upon the law of probability or per capita or however you want to spin it.

Were you born as a condescending ###### or was it something you decided you wanted to be?

• Upvote 6

Hi all,

Thanks again for all of your help.  I have been gone most of the day so will try the suggestions made by Hi Flyer and vololiberista tomorrow.

Thanks again,

Tom

6 hours ago, JacquesBrel said:

Were you born as a condescending ###### or was it something you decided you wanted to be?

I don't care what you think of me, the facts are in the 24 hours this topic Has been going you could of reinstalled windows and the updates/drivers and installed the sim.  You could be flying this afternoon. But no people decide to uninstall,  reinstall,   repair,  system restore store,  mess with a CC cleaner registry tool, play with affinity mask,  uninstall again,  reinstall some more etc etc etc and wonder why the sim stutters and won't open.  My mate rang me yesterday and ask me to fix his v4.   I asked him in total how many times he has uninstalled or repaired p3d he said 5, I then asked him how many system restores he said about 5 to 10.  

He's currently reinstalling windows and will be up and running v4 by tomorrow afternoon we have scheduled a flight together on Monday morning.   at which I guarantee there will probably be 3 more similar topics to this one.

Someone's it's better to cut your losses, back up your personal data and reinstall a fresh copy of windows and v4.   A month down the line when you see other people having issues You'll be glad you took the time out to reinstall a fresh copy instead of going through the pain of tinkering with registerys and system restore points 

14ppkc-6.png

12 hours ago, tooting said:

Ill agree to an extent.  But For a new version ie v4.  New windows installation.  Simple.  

Takes 2 hours tops.  

You go to the microsofft website download the iso installation program to install it to a dvd or a usb stick.  This will give you the recent updates.  say an hour to dowload and create the cd or usb stick

Installing windows take 40 mins tops from a dvd or usb stick. 

Then installing v4 .. 30 mins tops.

So simple yet people cant be bothered and wonder why they have issues.  

and  what  about  all the other  addons  and  other  stuff  you had  on your  pc?

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

3 minutes ago, pete_auau said:

and  what  about  all the other  addons  and  other  stuff  you had  on your  pc?

Orbx couple of hours I went to the gym while it was installing and downloading 

Pmdg an hour for the 777 and 744

Activesky 5 mins

Ut2 5 mins 

And Scenery copied from my USB hdd.   2 hours. 

Not even a days work

14ppkc-6.png

5 minutes ago, tooting said:

Orbx couple of hours I went to the gym while it was installing and downloading 

Pmdg an hour for the 777 and 744

Activesky 5 mins

Ut2 5 mins 

And Scenery copied from my USB hdd.   2 hours. 

Not even a days work

true  but  talking  about  non  sim  products  you had on your  pc(think users  are  having  great lengths  to  download  their  products  from orbx)

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

17 minutes ago, pete_auau said:

true  but  talking  about  non  sim  products  you had on your  pc(think users  are  having  great lengths  to  download  their  products  from orbx)

2 hours I used system image backup. Into a USB hdd. And then use it as a virtual drive 

https://www.cnet.com/uk/how-to/how-to-create-a-system-image-in-windows-10/

https://www.howtogeek.com/125704/how-to-extract-individual-files-from-a-windows-7-system-image-backup/

Simple, but people are lazy and want a magic pill of tweaking with registrys.  This is society in general always wanted a quick fix instead of looking at  the route base problem

I always have a system image just in case a hdd fails.  You can buy a USB hdd for 50 dollars on amazon.  50 dollars.....

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B01AJWNYLA/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1500703440&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=usb+hdd+1tb&dpPl=1&dpID=51U-YqI-6VL&ref=plSrch

14ppkc-6.png

27 minutes ago, tooting said:

2 hours I used system image backup. Into a USB hdd. And then use it as a virtual drive 

https://www.cnet.com/uk/how-to/how-to-create-a-system-image-in-windows-10/

https://www.howtogeek.com/125704/how-to-extract-individual-files-from-a-windows-7-system-image-backup/

Simple, but people are lazy and want a magic pill of tweaking with registrys.  This is society in general always wanted a quick fix instead of looking at  the route base problem

I always have a system image just in case a hdd fails.  You can buy a USB hdd for 50 dollars on amazon.  50 dollars.....

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B01AJWNYLA/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1500703440&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=usb+hdd+1tb&dpPl=1&dpID=51U-YqI-6VL&ref=plSrch

yep been using  acronis  as  the  tool  for  my back up

Peter kelberg

2 hours ago, pete_auau said:

yep been using  acronis  as  the  tool  for  my back up

you have to buy acronis ?  is £35  windows system image is free??

14ppkc-6.png

12 hours ago, jmig said:

On a side note, I read an article in one of the computer sites that said using registry cleaners was a bad idea. They tested a dozen or so of the most popular and found that only one or two actually did any good. The author of the article stated that the Windows OS was quite robust and all the broken links, file fragments and other code debris didn't slow down or harm a modern computer. 

Windows will try to open everything in the registry on start-up. The registry cleaners get rid of broken/old/defunct links etc. So they don't do any damage to the system and help to keep everything tidy. I think that where you said there were loads and you had to delete them one by one refers to "User MRU lists" Wise registry cleaner will delete all of these en-mass. These programs just get rid of clutter. Another programme that I recommend is autoruns. With this you can actually prevent some programmes trying to open on start-up. And thus slowing Windos down hugely. This is particularly useful where some programmes always check for updates as Windows is opening. And even during a session. Quite often the root cause of stutter in some instances. You'd be surprised how much a little bit of advertising "malware" can disrupt your enjoyment.

4 hours ago, tooting said:

you have to buy acronis ?  is £35  windows system image is free??

just  have  to look  what  does  better i guess

Third-party apps like like Macrium Reflect or Acronis True Image—at least, the paid versions—do offer some advanced features you won’t find in the Windows system image backup tool. For example, both support incremental backups, password protected images, and the ability to browse backups for individual files. But free is free, and if you don’t need the extra features, the Windows tool offers a solid way to perform a full backup of your system.

Plus  it  does  a boot up  disk  as  well plus  more   features  that   the  windows   system  image  cant  do 

Peter kelberg