Sign in to follow this  
McChester

Assignment of individual throttles

Hello PMDG team, I am looking very much forward to explore the Austrian alps with the 6 - nevertheless, I encountered a problem during my first session.

My setup: Saitek Cessna Yoke and three axis throttle quadrant. For all aircraft, I have set up my throttles via FSUIPC - two engine aircraft with throttle 1 for lever one and throttle 2 for lever 2. For four engine aircraft I have engines 1+2 for throttle 1 and engines 3+4 for lever 2. So far so good.

My problem: I found that when configuring the PMDG DC-6 via FSUIPC it would not work. No problem I thought and wanted to send the Axis assignments for this particular aircraft direct to FS - also to no avail. Finally I completely ignored FSUIPC for testing reasons and still no individual control of throttle levers - If I assign a lever to throttle 1 in the P3D settings, it stays centered and does not move. When I assign said lever to all throttles, they do work without a problem. Any ideas?

P3Dv4, Input set to Raw.

Alexander Arlow

Same here, using Direct Input option in P3D.

Regards.
Matthias Hanel

MilViz Beta Team

Assigning in the sim kills the whole idea of assigning different hardware configurations depending on the aircraft.. will try it later though.

Regards.
Matthias Hanel

MilViz Beta Team

3 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

Assign in the sim. Process in FSUIPC.

Please reread my posting - for testing purpose I have completely omitted FSUIPC - to no avail.

19 minutes ago, MatzeH84 said:

Assigning in the sim kills the whole idea of assigning different hardware configurations depending on the aircraft.. will try it later though.

I asked in order to help troubleshooting. If you'd like to push back, then you can troubleshoot on your own if you'd like. Up to you.

19 minutes ago, McChester said:

Please reread my posting - for testing purpose I have completely omitted FSUIPC - to no avail.

You said "ignored." This is unclear. Please define "ignored" and be more specific if you'd like to point back to things you've already said as if it makes things immediately clear for people attempting to help you.

Please read the forum rules about including your name in your posts, too.

Kyle Rodgers

2 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

You said "ignored." This is unclear. Please define "ignored" and be more specific if you'd like to point back to things you've already said as if it makes things immediately clear for people attempting to help you.

Please read the forum rules about including your name in your posts, too.

You did not inquire any additional info but served me a generic oneliner that you used in another thread before. As I said in the opening post (which provides a name btw), for testing purpose I kept FSUIPC out of the configuration loop and removed all assignments and configurations from FSUIPC; thereafter I mapped my throttle axis to "throttle 1" and it was stuck in the center of the throttle range. I just reset my FSUIPC.ini (deleted it) and now I can assign lever 1 to trottle 1 in the P3D axis setting and it is not stuck in the center of the range anymore - there was probably still a link from the first attempts to get the throttles running.

So now the follow up question: How to map a two lever setup in a way that lever 1 controls engines 1+2 and lever 2 controls engines 3+4 without FSUIPC?

Alexander Arlow

13 minutes ago, McChester said:

So now the follow up question: How to map a two lever setup in a way that lever 1 controls engines 1+2 and lever 2 controls engines 3+4 without FSUIPC?

I was about to ask a very similar question.  I've got 6 levers available and was wondering, before I buy the aircraft, whether it was possible to have 1 lever control engine pairs for throttle, prop and mixture without FSUIPC?  I know it's not possible via FSX:SE controls settings but does the addon come with its own control configuration "utility"?

1 hour ago, McChester said:

Alexander Arlow

You can still process the controls in FSUIPC, just assign the axis in FSX/P3D. In FSUIPC axis calibration tab, on the page with throttles 1,2,3,4, bottom right corner there's a tick box that has something along the lines of 1->1,2 2->3,4. Tick that.

1 hour ago, AndyUK said:

I was about to ask a very similar question.  I've got 6 levers available and was wondering, before I buy the aircraft, whether it was possible to have 1 lever control engine pairs for throttle, prop and mixture without FSUIPC?  I know it's not possible via FSX:SE controls settings but does the addon come with its own control configuration "utility"?

See my above re. throttles, there might be a similar setting for mixture etc. as well.

The only thing that worked for me was to assign and calibrate my throttles in P3D. Even trying to calibrate only in FSUIPC was a no go. Everything else is still assigned and calibrated in FSUIPC, and all seems to be working. 

3 hours ago, McChester said:

You did not inquire any additional info but served me a generic oneliner that you used in another thread before.

Okay. I can't read minds. The fact that I used the line before is of no relevance, because you did not differentiate your issue from elsewhere.

(which provides a name btw)

Names are required in every post btw

Dunno. Get inventive. We made a product that fits into a simulator. If your interface isn't working, find another one.

Kyle Rodgers

Wow, this is Carenado level support i would expect for a 25 € plane, not for 70 € and over 590 € over the past years (and almost no support inquiries from my side). Its not the fact that it does not work, it's the fact that at first you did not even take the time to understand customer's (my) problems and then you get smart by just saying I shall be inventive - a feature that works with every 4 engine plane but yours? I had enough, and could I get a refund I would - not because this is a bad plane, but because I will never support such an attitude towards customers.

Case closed, I will not bother you again with any requests or purchases.

Alexander Arlow

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, McChester said:

Wow, this is Carenado level support i would expect for a 25 € plane, not for 70 € and over 590 € over the past years (and almost no support inquiries from my side). Its not the fact that it does not work, it's the fact that at first you did not even take the time to understand customer's (my) problems and then you get smart by just saying I shall be inventive - a feature that works with every 4 engine plane but yours? I had enough, and could I get a refund I would - not because this is a bad plane, but because I will never support such an attitude towards customers.

Case closed, I will not bother you again with any requests or purchases.

Alexander Arlow

Did you try what Chris wrote few posts above?

You can still process the controls in FSUIPC, just assign the axis in FSX/P3D. In FSUIPC axis calibration tab, on the page with throttles 1,2,3,4, bottom right corner there's a tick box that has something along the lines of 1->1,2 2->3,4. Tick that.

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

5 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

I asked in order to help troubleshooting. If you'd like to push back, then you can troubleshoot on your own if you'd like. Up to you

I said I'd try it out later. And I said that not being able to use FSUIPC and having to use P3D configured axis kills the whole sense behind FSUIPC (pointing out that this should not stay a permanent solution), regarding automatic addon bindings, spike filtering etc.

I wasn't offensive at all and get such a 'nice' answer? I'd rather sort it out on my own then, thanks.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Regards.
Matthias Hanel

MilViz Beta Team