Sign in to follow this  
captflyby

Garmin GTN-750 for 32bit or for 64 bit CJ2

Hi to all,

Large powerful computer with 1080Ti and 1070.  No hardware issues.

Had Prepar3d v3.4 installed with Phenom 300.

Due to unrelated issues, had to re-image my system, so I installed the 64bit Prepar3d v4 instead.

All my addons work, Active Sky, Orbx scenery......except my Phenom 300.

So I go the CJ2 that was v4 compatible which I now find has a less than desirable FMS.  (I'm a real world pilot, and in my career I've had to fly some real crates, but in latter years have been spoiled by the glass environment - never want to go back.)

Then to my surprise, I found FSMania recommened an FS1 mod for the CJ2 - an upgrade to the GTN-750.  Looked great on the video, but didn't think about it being for a 32bit version of Prepar3d, not the 64 bit.

So for you tech heros out there,  falling back to a 32 bit install of Prepar3d.  What will I lose?  I know I gain the Phenom 300, and the mod for the CJ2, but those alone would seem short sighted.  Is the 64bit truly the future??? Do we just have to go thru the growing pains of conversion and waiting for 3rd parties to catch up???

Thanks.

You'll just have to wait with the rest of us...

My guess is that it will all be supported before Christmas :happy:

Bert