So with my meager 980Ti GPU, seems like she is running around 99% when flying pmdg birds in P3Dv4 when at 3rd party airports and on arrival and departure portions of the flight. Goes lower when at cruise. I have that TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP tweak set at 9 and thinking of deleting that and leaving the slider all the way to the right which would be default at 8 and backing shadow quality to low from medium. Reflections are already set to low and I'm on a 4k so no AA set, just MSAA at 8. Water is at high, not ultra and 3D precipitation is off. DL is on due to pmdg lighting. 

So question is, can the card take that long term or am I on a path to burn it up? Gonna get a newer one in the next few months to pair with my current 6700k. 

And does anyone know the current best drivers for the 980Ti. The ones I have been using are probably a year and half old at least but they have been working well. 

Eric 

You will be better with a gtx 1080Ti to run Prepar3d V4 in 4K. 8MSSA setting can be pretty challenging...More than GPU usage check t°...Did you activate vsync linked to 30 hz nvidia setting ? Anyway you can upgrade to latest driver from nividia, it works like a charm with V4.:biggrin: and give us a feed back.

Have a good flight ! 

7 hours ago, Virtual Flight Realm said:

You will be better with a gtx 1080Ti to run Prepar3d V4 in 4K. 8MSSA setting can be pretty challenging...More than GPU usage check t°...Did you activate vsync linked to 30 hz nvidia setting ? Anyway you can upgrade to latest driver from nividia, it works like a charm with V4.:biggrin: and give us a feed back.

Have a good flight ! 

I'm going to wait a couple months to upgrade. The GTX20xx series, according to latest reports may be coming later this year.

What is this setting you speak of? I usually use NI for changing my settings?

Eric 

• I'm also using a GTX980TI and I found that actually within Nvidia Control Panel setting the Vsync to 'fast' with the latest driver actually gave me a GPU boost within p3d v4, previously my GPU was also pinned at 99/100% when using DL with the PMDG birds, however now it'll sit around 80ish.
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, B777ER said:

I'm going to wait a couple months to upgrade. The GTX20xx series, according to latest reports may be coming later this year.

Aren't they going to need motherboards which are compatible with NVLink?

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

35 minutes ago, vortex681 said:

Aren't they going to need motherboards which are compatible with NVLink?

NVLink is only for servers and supercomputers, not desktops.

51 minutes ago, magnetite said:

NVLink is only for servers and supercomputers, not desktops.

Seems I misread an article on Volta GPUs that also talked about the next generation GTX 20xx cards. I had assumed (wrongly, it would appear) that cards based on Volta would need a different interface.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

Sounding more like Nvidia is doing a Pascal refresh later this year using the 20xx numbers. Moderate increase over the 1080Ti. I think the true new from the ground up Volta GeForce cards won't be until later in 2018. My 4k 50in TV needs a upgraded card now, thus going with the 1080Ti Asus. Titanxp cost difference is not with it imo.

Eric