Sign in to follow this  
Wennerholm

100 knot

Hi! When I perform a take off, I am for sure doing something wrong. I reach only 100 knots in the end off the runwary. In FMC I have 99.1 % N1. The problem starts when I use the TO/GA button.  If I perform a unprogramed take off I get a safe take of. Yesterday over 300 people  die but I survived and run away from the police. Now I hide in the forest.

//Mr Dach Topple 

33 minutes ago, wennerholm said:

Hi! When I perform a take off, I am for sure doing something wrong. I reach only 100 knots in the end off the runwary. In FMC I have 99.1 % N1. The problem starts when I use the TO/GA button.  If I perform a unprogramed take off I get a safe take of. Yesterday over 300 people  die but I survived and run away from the police. Now I hide in the forest.

//Mr Dach Topple 

Have you tried it without any hardware plugged in? Disconnect rudders, joystick, throttle etc. and just use mouse and keyboard.

Yes, I have done a "clean" take off with the same deadly result. I have noticed that only one TO/GA paddle moves on the throttle. Is that ok?

1 hour ago, wennerholm said:

Yes, I have done a "clean" take off with the same deadly result. I have noticed that only one TO/GA paddle moves on the throttle. Is that ok?

I'm not sure what you mean by 1 paddle. Try engaging TOGA using the screw on the MCP Autopilot panel. Ensure the throttles actually advance to full. 

Two large buttons (paddles) in metal color between the throttle handle and the reverse thrust handle :-)

The throttles in the 777 only advance to half but my device Hotas Warthog throttles are full foward

1 minute ago, wennerholm said:

Two large buttons (paddles) in metal color between the throttle handle and the reverse thrust handle :-) 

Providing both throttles move fully to the stops and TOGA is engaged, it makes no difference.

5 minutes ago, wennerholm said:

Two large buttons (paddles) in metal color

Correct me if I am not mistaken, but I think you are referring to the fuel cut-off switches.

If you place your hand on the throttle, you only need to stretch your forefinger to reach the two TO/GA buttoms.

32 minutes ago, vc10man said:

Correct me if I am not mistaken, but I think you are referring to the fuel cut-off switches.

He's talking about the TO/GA switches.

qJIGw0y.jpg

Bz3WhW5.png

Nice one, Adrijan. As I do not use these switches and moreover am nowhere near my sim or PMDG reference matierial, I was just going off memory.

If the PFD thrust readout shows "HOLD", the A/T may perceive any noise on the hardware throttle output as being a pilot-directed reduction in thrust to whatever position the hardware throttle may be in. What I do after invoking TOGA is to move up my hardware throttle to sync it with the designated take-off thrust as shown on the MFD display. This requires that the little blue throttle bug (not present in the real 777 of course) be displayed, something that can be selected in the PMDG actions menu.

I was having the same problem with the thrust dying on the T/O roll until I made that change. No doubt I will now find out that I'm doing all wrong, which would be a good thing too. ;)

PS The blue throttle bug is set on page 1/7 of the OPTIONS>SIMULATION section as "SHOW THRUST LEVER POS". Set that to ALWAYS or WHEN MOVING and then use it to sync your physical throttle with that in the VC on T/O. You could also disable A/T MANUAL OVERRIDE on page 2 of the same section, but that makes things harder on RTO, for example.

Edited by jrw4
fixed typos added PS

John Wiesenfeld KPBI | FAA PPL/SEL/IFR in a galaxy long ago and far away | VATSIM PILOT P2

i7-11700K, 32 GB DDR4 3.6 GHz, MSI RTX 3070ti, Dell 4K monitor

If you are using FSUIPC move your FSUIPC.ini file to your desktop and try another takeoff. Sometimes it gets corrupt. If it doesn't solve the problem then you can just move it back to the modules folder. 

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

I solved the problem of TOGA by repeatedly plugging in and disconnecting TO / GA while giving 100 % thrust.  Now it works properly☺

Pushing the thrust levers to full will avoid the loss of thrust, but every takeoff will now done at 100% thrust, or something close to it.

John Wiesenfeld KPBI | FAA PPL/SEL/IFR in a galaxy long ago and far away | VATSIM PILOT P2

i7-11700K, 32 GB DDR4 3.6 GHz, MSI RTX 3070ti, Dell 4K monitor

1 hour ago, wennerholm said:

I solved the problem of TOGA by repeatedly plugging in and disconnecting TO / GA while giving 100 % thrust.  Now it works properly☺

Not a solution.  Don't ignore suggestions such as the one about the fsuipc.ini file from Tom.  Did you try that.  You said you tried a clean takeoff... does that mean you disconnect your throttle control or you had flaps up?  The problem is most certainly either your hardware or your procedure and we are trying to help you discover what it is. You have to participate in this too.

Dan Downs KCRP