Sign in to follow this  
Wennerholm

100 knot

Thank's for helping me! I have no fsuipc. Clean take off=no hardware connection. I have solved the problem. I do not need to perform take off at 100 N1. Now I can do normal take off at flex.temp 60 C, as an example. I believe that I have done something wrong in my earlier process. One problem remains. I coming back to that later.

6 hours ago, jrw4 said:

If the PFD thrust readout shows "HOLD", the A/T may perceive any noise on the hardware throttle output as being a pilot-directed reduction in thrust to whatever position the hardware throttle may be in. What I do after invoking TOGA is to move up my hardware throttle to sync it with the designated take-off thrust as shown on the MFD display. This requires that the little blue throttle bug (not present in the real 777 of course) be displayed, something that can be selected in the PMDG actions menu.

I was having the same problem with the thrust dying on the T/O roll until I made that change. No doubt I will now find out that I'm doing all wrong, which would be a good thing too. ;)

PS The blue throttle bug is set on page 1/7 of the OPTIONS>SIMULATION section as "SHOW THRUST LEVER POS". Set that to ALWAYS or WHEN MOVING and then use it to sync your physical throttle with that in the VC on T/O. You could also disable A/T MANUAL OVERRIDE on page 2 of the same section, but that makes things harder on RTO, for example.

Thanks!

I would say that your throttles are overriding A/T in HOLD mode but given so little unclear information it is hard to tell what the problem is.

Joona Väisänen

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I believe that I doing something wrong during take of but If my throttles are overriding A/T in HOLD mode, what can I do? 

13 hours ago, wennerholm said:

I believe that I doing something wrong during take of but If my throttles are overriding A/T in HOLD mode, what can I do? 

Your throttles are supposed to override A/T in HOLD mode. Otherwise you wouldn't be able to reject takeoff for example. How do you set takeoff thrust? Do you advance throttles to 55% N1 and then engage TOGA? What do you do after that? Do you leave your throttles in the same position, move them fully forward or match them with the takeoff thrust? If your thrust returns to halfway, it sounds like that A/T sets takeoff thrust and at 80kts when it transfers to HOLD mode, your physical hardware is moving or sending a signal and that's why your thrust reverts back to match with your throttles.

The best way for takeoff is to set throttles to 55% N1, engage TOGA and push the throttles fully forward. You can also set them to match the takeoff thrust but if the lever has any loose, it may move and change the thrust.  Against a physical stop, its better to hold them from moving.

You said you don't have FSUIPC. I highly recommend it. But if you don't want to buy it, then recalibrate your throttles carefully and increase the null zone for throttles to avoid and intereference with the A/T in case you accidentally move them by 1 millimeter or they are loose.

Joona Väisänen

Hi, Joona! Many thanks! I'll test what you learned me. Can you speak Swedish? I am from Sweden and you are from Finland?

9 hours ago, wennerholm said:

OK!

Please answer these questions so we can understand your takeoff procedure and help solving the issues:

21 hours ago, joona_ said:

How do you set takeoff thrust? Do you advance throttles to 55% N1 and then engage TOGA? What do you do after that? Do you leave your throttles in the same position, move them fully forward or match them with the takeoff thrust?

Joona Väisänen

1 minute ago, joona_ said:

Please answer these questions so we can understand your takeoff procedure and help solving the issues:

Hi, Jonna! I advance throttles to 55% N1 and then engage TO/GA. After that I move my throttle fully forward. N1 goes to red and  but I only get 60 knot. When I perform take off without TO/GA I get take off speed. 

24 minutes ago, wennerholm said:

N1 goes to red and  but I only get 60 knot. 

Check your GEAR SD and brake temperatures. Is it applying brake pressure while doing this?

Joona Väisänen

Just now, joona_ said:

Check your GEAR SD and brake temperatures. Is it applying brake pressure while doing this?

I going to check the temperatures. I replay as soon I have perform the test.

Hi, Jonna! Today my take off worked. Perhaps there was a calibration error of my hardware that caused the problems earlier. Gear SD and brake temperatures are normal. 

On 2017-07-21 at 7:07 PM, jrw4 said:

If the PFD thrust readout shows "HOLD", the A/T may perceive any noise on the hardware throttle output as being a pilot-directed reduction in thrust to whatever position the hardware throttle may be in. What I do after invoking TOGA is to move up my hardware throttle to sync it with the designated take-off thrust as shown on the MFD display. This requires that the little blue throttle bug (not present in the real 777 of course) be displayed, something that can be selected in the PMDG actions menu.

I was having the same problem with the thrust dying on the T/O roll until I made that change. No doubt I will now find out that I'm doing all wrong, which would be a good thing too. ;)

PS The blue throttle bug is set on page 1/7 of the OPTIONS>SIMULATION section as "SHOW THRUST LEVER POS". Set that to ALWAYS or WHEN MOVING and then use it to sync your physical throttle with that in the VC on T/O. You could also disable A/T MANUAL OVERRIDE on page 2 of the same section, but that makes things harder on RTO, for example.

Thanks! I going to use that function on my next flight.