I'm thinking if getting a new pc to run p3d v4, I've comever to the conclusion that Chillblast pc's and wired2fire pc's are the ones to go for. I saw one from wired2fire with these specs;

Intel i5 7600 Processor(4.1ghz)

nVidia GTX 1050 2GB Graphics

8GB 2400MHz Memory

Asus Prime B250M-K Motherboard

1TB Seagate HDD

Are these specs good enough to run p3d v4 with some addons such as the NGX and orbx? 

Thanks

What screen resolution do you intend to use?

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

Hi, FSX meistro.  Good to have you joining us all here at Avsim.

With LM working to move more of P3Dv4's processing to the GPU, you might consider bumping your GPU up to the 1050 TI version (4GB), or even a GTX 1060 (4GB).  I believe this would give you a better balanced configuration, but then again, there are many opinions here.  These are just my initial thoughts after seeing your plan.  Have fun!

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

If your going for a new processor, I'd go with both an i7 and a chip that has an "X" on the end.

Best wishes.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

I can't go for an i7 as it is outside of my budget, would a system like this be better;

Processor

• Intel Core i5-7600K Kaby Lake Processor (Overclocked to up to 4.4GHz)
• 6MB L3 Cache

Motherboard

• Gigabyte Z270-Gaming K3 Motherboard

Memory

• 8GB DDR4 2133MHz
• Configuration 2 x 4GB
• Dual Channel Support on 2 DIMMs
• 4 x DIMM Slot

Solid State Drive

• 250GB SK Hynix SL301 Solid State Drive

Hard Drive

• Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Hard Disk

Graphics

• NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB Graphics Card

Power Supply

• Corsair CX600 600W 80 PLUS PSU

Cheers

..go with 6GB VRAM that is for sure, other wise you will face some severe issues with performance & if budget is an issue, I'll say go with 980 4GB & OC  it .....  

Don't underestimate the effect the GPU has on performance, at least for me in P3D v3.4. This is not the case in FSX where the load is very much on the CPU. I did a performance test after going from a GTX1070 to a GTX 1080ti and I was amazed at the increase in performance. My test scenario returned a fps figure of 24/25 with the 1070 and 32/33 with the 1080ti running exactly the same test scenario. With the advent of 64 bit I'd also suggest upping your RAM to 16gb too. Of course if you have an opportunity to OC the CPU, then that is the most cost effective form of performance boost you can achieve.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776