Sign in to follow this  
AviatorMan

PMDG DC6B Released for P3Dv4

Has anyone tried this yet in v4?

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049 

Yes, and it is amazing :biggrin:

Would like some comparisons between it and the a2a constellation though, as I am looking at getting that too. 

• Upvote 1

PC- AMD Ryzen 7800X3D, 64gb 6400mhz RAM, Nvidia RTX4090

I've only made a single flight with it so far, but it's beautiful and performs very well on my system, which is by no means "high end."

I also have the A2A Connie and they're definitely in a class together. I don't have enough time in either one to do an in-depth comparison, though. I suspect that there will be a long-running debate as to which is the better add-on.

I have loved both airplanes since I was a kid, but my first flight in an airliner was aboard a United DC6 in the late 60's (Lo and behold, there's a livery for that!), so I have a decided bias toward the 6.

That's all for now...gotta get back to the manual.

• Upvote 1

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Beta tester for PMDG J41, NGX, and GFO, Flight1 Super King Air B200, Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang, Flight1 Cessna 182, Flight1 Cessna 177B, Aeroworx B200

Not particularly interested in this one. Did they announce what's next for them? 

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

14 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

Did they announce what's next for them? 

Not yet, but that has to be soon.  After the 747-8 I'm expecting them to confirm a new version of the 737.  there's nothing else known in the pipeline as far as I know.

I wish they went for the 767 and while NGX is getting old in terms of today's visual standards, it's still an awesome bird. 

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Ah yes, the aircraft that PMDG spent years on that nobody wanted lol...

9 minutes ago, Mitch24 said:

Well, i wanted it, badly !! And so they have created it especially for me !

To all simmers here not interested: have fun programming your FMC's ! You don't know what you're missing !  :ohmy:

• Upvote 7

Jan

5 hours ago, AviatorMan said:

Has anyone tried this yet in v4?

Still looking for my socks.. :cool:

Jan

39 minutes ago, Mitch24 said:

Speak for yourself. 

• Upvote 4

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Hey, I was just trying to get a little feedback from those who have tried this great aircraft in P3Dv4, not to start a discussion on the aircraft that other people "really" wanted.

• Upvote 4

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049 

It's beautiful!!!  The performance and handling is very good... good FPS...

Flying right now from PAEN to PAIL... P3D v4

SHP6U6.jpg

t5NNYz.jpg

• Upvote 1

Intel i9 13900KS - MSI MEG Z790 ACE Gaming - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - Corsair 32GB DDR5 7200MHz Dominator Platinum RGB - Samsung 1TB + 3x 2TB 980 Pro M.2 SSD Raid 0 - LG 4K 55" OLED C1 - EVGA SuperNOVA 1600 T2 PSU - Virpil Constellation Alpha L & R Grips + MongoosT-50CM2 Grip + MongoosT-50CM2 Base + MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle + Control Panel #2 + Ace Collection Pedals - Honeycomb Alpha XPC + Bravo - Stream Deck XL + PLUS - Corsair K100 OPX RGB Platinum + Nightsword RGB + MM800 RGB Polaris + 7000D Airflow Black Case - Tobii Eye Tracker 5 using OpenTrack - Wharfedale Evo 4.2 Speakers - SVS SB-2000 Pro Subwoofer - Bluesound POWERNODE - Herman Miller Embody Chair Black - ButtKicker Gamer PRO

So far I like it and have it in my hangar.  By accident, I figured out how to get the yoke to work.  When I first loaded the aircraft at KIAD, Wash Dulles, I was able to take off with minimal flaps and I was totally amazed how it went straight down the middle of the runway did not pull to the right or left.  Using the flaps I got the aircraft off the ground but then wanted to stear it over to Reagan National.  Nothing.  Aircraft would not turn but continued to climb.  That's when I discovered you had to do something different to get the yoke to operate.  Looked for instructions on board or in the menu and found none but, saw a lot of stuff to push and pull near the pilots seat and wa la, the yoke worked!   Wish the extensive documentation I found today in the PMDG DC6 directory was linked to the PMDG Ops Center like the other PMDG aircraft but it is in the PMDG directory and it looks quite thorough.  Looks like they have a nice tutorial from Portland, Oregon to Seattle over Orbx PNW scenery and I definitely will be doing that.  They have another one from KSEA to CYVR (Vancouver) which I will try too.  Always fun to learn new things.... 

Best regards,

Jim

• Upvote 1

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Sounds like a great aircraft, and I'm going to get it. Probably get the A2A Constellation as well. I already have the Just Flight versions for both aircraft, but I want the full systems approach that PMDG and A2A seem to have given these aircraft. When I was very young, 6-10 years old,flew in American Airlines DC6's and DC7's many times, as my Dad was a Flight Engineer.and the family flew free. It was a great experience. I regret that I never had the opportunity to fly on a Connie.

I was on the fence with this one but I had several trips as a boy in the 6 and I'll pick it up this weekend. My first ride in a Link trainer was configured for a Connie so I have the A2A bird also. Just love the sounds of those engines.

Looking forward to some fun flying.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors