Sign in to follow this  
rafgath

Self closing windows on FL150

Hi,

When I'm reaching FL150 and hit autopilot altitude hold, all windows (AFE, Load Manager , etc.) are closing by themselves and cannot be opened again.

Regards

-----

Rafal Rybinski

EDIT: Don't do the uninstall/reinstall thing unless specifically told to do it. As you found, it's pointless, but as you luckily escaped, this can cause other issues.

To be clear, you're talking about the 2D panel pop ups? I took "windows" to mean the flight deck windows.

What are the Options you're using in the options panel?

Kyle Rodgers

Yes, I'm talking about 2d pop up windows (AFE, Load Manager, Maintenance Manager, Realism Options, etc). All options were off (apart from notifications hidden and PMDG GNS430) as it was my first tutorial flight. I was using only AFE for every stage of my flight. 

-----

Rafal Rybinski

Hello,

I have a similar issue.  Around 15000 ft suddenly the controls and knobs in the VC aren't clickeble / responding anymore. After that, my screen turns slowly black. I just submitted a ticket for this problem.

Regards,

Jeroen Meijerink

1 minute ago, rafgath said:

Yes, I'm talking about 2d pop up windows. All options were off (apart from notifications hidden and PMDG GNS430) as it was my first tutorial flight. I was using only AFE. 

The first tutorial puts you at 6000 or 8000 if I remember correctly. If you decided to go higher, then you may be running into a hypoxia issue if you haven't set your pressurization panel properly (something I omitted from the tutorials to keep it simple for those who just wanted to get up and flying).

2 minutes ago, jmeijerink said:

I have a similar issue.  Around 15000 ft suddenly the controls and knobs in the VC aren't clickeble / responding anymore. After that, my screen turns slowly black. I just submitted a ticket for this problem.

It's not a 'problem' - your crew is succumbing to hypoxia because you didn't set the pressurization panel.

Usually a good habit to get into to avoid pointing a finger at a supposed problem until it's verified as a problem instead of user error.

Kyle Rodgers

17 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

The first tutorial puts you at 6000 or 8000 if I remember correctly. If you decided to go higher, then you may be running into a hypoxia issue if you haven't set your pressurization panel properly (something I omitted from the tutorials to keep it simple for those who just wanted to get up and flying).

It's not a 'problem' - your crew is succumbing to hypoxia because you didn't set the pressurization panel.

Usually a good habit to get into to avoid pointing a finger at a supposed problem until it's verified as a problem instead of user error.

I used different airports so I decided go higher. I thought that AFE takes care of it. Thank you for you help.

-----

Rafal Rybinski

Hello Kyle,

Oops, sorry....I guess i was to anxious to get started quickly and didn't read the manual.....

I will give it a try again.

Thanks!

Jeroen Meijerink

I tested this in P3D v3 and I am seeing the same as what Rafal reports. Definitely a hypoxia issue.

Check your pressurization setting Rafal. Set the FLIGHT needle to whatever altitude you want to be cruising at, in other words, your max altitude for your planned flight. Once I had set the FLIGHT needle to 20,000 ft, the cabin started pressurizing, and after about 4 minutes or so I could access the popup windows again.

We'll look into why the screen is not fading to black (it should).

Edited by henningvr
spelling

Cheers,

Henning

dc6_devteam_banner.jpg