Sign in to follow this  
marcom

Announcing new product: Remote Overhead Client

Mark

I was wondering, does simserver run/install on only the main flight sim PC or can I run it on a client PC like I do for Active Sky 2016 with P3Dv4?

If it must exist on the main flight sim PC that P3Dv4 is installed on is their software that gets installed on the client PC to access the overhead panel? Does all the interfacing with knobs and switches function the same as it would on the PMDG overhead panel i.e. clicks and wheel turns etc..?

I guess I'm basically wondering if this is a networked app (both the CDU and Overhead) that runs on a client PC or if it actually runs on the main flight sim PC server and just outputs to a client PC and an iPad in the case of the CDU.

Thanks in advance

Joe

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

9 hours ago, joepoway said:

Mark

I was wondering, does simserver run/install on only the main flight sim PC or can I run it on a client PC like I do for Active Sky 2016 with P3Dv4?

If it must exist on the main flight sim PC that P3Dv4 is installed on is their software that gets installed on the client PC to access the overhead panel? Does all the interfacing with knobs and switches function the same as it would on the PMDG overhead panel i.e. clicks and wheel turns etc..?

I guess I'm basically wondering if this is a networked app (both the CDU and Overhead) that runs on a client PC or if it actually runs on the main flight sim PC server and just outputs to a client PC and an iPad in the case of the CDU.

Thanks in advance

Joe

Hi Joe,

yes, SimServer.exe must run on the sam PC where flight sim is running. SimServer is responsible of gathering all information and then supplying it over the network. The CPU usage is low and doesn't really increase regardless of how many clients are connected (so CDUs and Overhead panels).

The Remote Overhead Client is an executable which runs on a seperate PC in the network. You can try it out for free (all switches and knobs are clickable, they just don't affect anything in the sim).

I hope this answers your questions.

Regards

Mark

Mark Foti

Author of aviaworx - https://www.aviaworx.com

logo_avsim.png

Thanks for the timely and detailed reply

Joe

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

My Overhead panel display on a remote computer  sems to be connected but the fuctions are reverse

When I Make an action on the remote nothing happen on the Overhead of PMDG

When I maque an action on tne PMDG the remote overhead reacts

How can I fix it

Thank you

1 minute ago, ckdo93 said:

My Overhead panel display on a remote computer  sems to be connected but the fuctions are reverse

When I Make an action on the remote nothing happen on the Overhead of PMDG

When I maque an action on tne PMDG the remote overhead reacts

How can I fix it

Thank you

Well, did you pay for a full license?

if not, then everything is behaving as it should.

Please check the manual on how to request a full license.

Regards

Mark

Mark Foti

Author of aviaworx - https://www.aviaworx.com

logo_avsim.png