Sign in to follow this  
Navigator43

Joystick Hatswitch Panning

Good day simmers. Just wondering how I can get my hat switch on my joystick to pan around the VC cockpit with Chaseplane closed. It seems when I close Chase plane I can't pan around the aircraft with my hat switch anyone tell me how to fix this? I've checked my controls in the sim and the hat switch is set to pan in the sim but it's not working. Thanks

Angus Rowlands: i7 8700 RTX Asus Strix 2080, 16 GB RAM

Mmm... weird. FSX or P3D? Regardless the sim you're using, the only thing that comes to my mind to fix that is to click on "Reset defaults" button in "Controls" menu and the re-configure your hardware again.

• Upvote 1

Ivan Lewis

PMDG B737NGX, B777 and B747v3 QOTS II

4 hours ago, aushie said:

Good day simmers. Just wondering how I can get my hat switch on my joystick to pan around the VC cockpit with Chaseplane closed. It seems when I close Chase plane I can't pan around the aircraft with my hat switch anyone tell me how to fix this? I've checked my controls in the sim and the hat switch is set to pan in the sim but it's not working. Thanks

If you have set your controls correctly, then the only place they should be defined is in CP, which means the pan won't work when CP isn't active.

However, if I'm interpreting your message correctly it looks like you also have your pan switch active in the sim's controls panel.  

If that's the case then the pan will work outside of the aircraft, but not in the VC.  The reason being that upon installation, CP replaced the default VC view with it's own."On-Board (Chaseplane)" view.

To pan in VC when CP is closed you would need to restore the default camera.cfg, which CP saved.  However, as soon as you open CP, it will change the settings back.

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

On 2017-07-21 at 2:48 PM, airernie said:

If you have set your controls correctly, then the only place they should be defined is in CP, which means the pan won't work when CP isn't active.

However, if I'm interpreting your message correctly it looks like you also have your pan switch active in the sim's controls panel.  

If that's the case then the pan will work outside of the aircraft, but not in the VC.  The reason being that upon installation, CP replaced the default VC view with it's own."On-Board (Chaseplane)" view.

To pan in VC when CP is closed you would need to restore the default camera.cfg, which CP saved.  However, as soon as you open CP, it will change the settings back.

Ernie

Where has CP saved the default camera cfg, I can't find it

4 hours ago, aushie said:

Where has CP saved the default camera cfg, I can't find it

In FSX it should be in the AppData folder Roaming\MIcrosoft\FSX\.   Mine is named  camera.cfg.fsxp.bkp.

I would assume something similar in P3D, but I don't have it to verify.

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

6 hours ago, airernie said:

In FSX it should be in the AppData folder Roaming\MIcrosoft\FSX\.   Mine is named  camera.cfg.fsxp.bkp.

I would assume something similar in P3D, but I don't have it to verify.

Ernie

Thanks