Sign in to follow this  
NoahBryant

Cold and Dark Startup in P3D

The manual states that if you want the sim to start up in Cold/Dark you need to set that in the P3D global settings. How does one do that? 

Noah Bryant

Noah,

Which document? where exactly because I can not find anything such in the intro or tutorials

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

4 hours ago, NoahBryant said:

The manual states that if you want the sim to start up in Cold/Dark you need to set that in the P3D global settings. How does one do that? 

Ignore that. Carryover from XPL. Just click the cold and dark button on the ramp manager.

Kyle Rodgers

Is there a shortcut, a click spot or something, to bring up the sidebar icons or at least the AFE panel? In order to avoid opening the menu all the time.

1hxz6d.png
kityatyi

I7 6700K 4.6 GHz, MSI Geforce GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5

16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 2666 MHz RAM, 750GB SSD, 1TB HDD

4 minutes ago, kityatyi said:

Is there a shortcut, a click spot or something, to bring up the sidebar icons or at least the AFE panel? In order to avoid opening the menu all the time.

Shift + 2

Stéphane

• Upvote 2

vpa055.png

2 minutes ago, stefltt said:

Shift + 2

Stéphane

Thanks!

1hxz6d.png
kityatyi

I7 6700K 4.6 GHz, MSI Geforce GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5

16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 2666 MHz RAM, 750GB SSD, 1TB HDD

5 hours ago, stefltt said:

Shift + 2

Stéphane

Thank You!

Benjamin Nash

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4 RAM CL14, Asus ROG Strix 4090, Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero Motherboard, LG OLED C1 48". 

8 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

Ignore that. Carryover from XPL. Just click the cold and dark button on the ramp manager.

Thanks Kyle, I was kind of suspecting that. It may seem silly, but it really drives me nuts starting with the engines running and having to press a button to make it c/d. 

On a side note, this plane is amazing. I am having so much fun with it. I really hope this is successful enough for PMDG for you guys to get outside the Boeing mold. As much as I love the 73/74/77 I would say the PMDG plane that I have logged the most hours with was the J41, which is sadly now a thing of the past. 

Can't wait to try this in VR, hopefully, FlyInside is updated soon. 

Cheers!

Noah Bryant

When I loaded up the aircraft the first time, all engines were off, just like my default setup. I then clicked on cold/dark, heard a few clicks etc and all was cold and dark. Must have been because I switched from my default aircraft, engines off, power on startup scenario after it loaded to the DC6, something I don't often do with PMDG planes. If I just load up the aircraft from the start, like per the tutorial, everything is running. Maybe this might be an option if it doesn't cause any problems.

Bill Barrette

i7 3770K HT, 8GB RAM, nVidia 980GTX, Win7, P3D 3.4, FSG mesh, UTX, GEX, ST, ASA16/ASCA, NickN optimized