Sign in to follow this  
Dougal

Moving Map For XP11 ??

Has anyone found a moving map that works over a network in XP11?

Some people insist on saying that Plan-G works, but thats ONLY true if there's already a database built from XP10

7 hours ago, exodus1977 said:

Has anyone been able to get this map to work in XP11? (See link above). I keep getting an error that "more than one instance of XP is running" (when it is clearly not).

Works fine for me in 11. I use it in a standard setup (map and X-Plane on the same machine, no other X-Plane oder map instances on this machine or in the network).

On 7/25/2017 at 3:21 PM, philmurfin said:

Take a look here, I use this in XP10, it's good and it's free!

Phil

http://www.geminisoftware.de

This looks interesting.  Questions:

1. Does this have any impact on FPS?

2. This can be run on a single computer as a pop-up?

3.  How clear are the maps and charts on the device?

4. Does this interfere in any way with the default X-Plane 11 GNS 530?

Regards,  Gerry

17 hours ago, mgeiss said:

Works fine for me in 11. I use it in a standard setup (map and X-Plane on the same machine, no other X-Plane oder map instances on this machine or in the network).

hmmm, I'm going to try it again this evening. Besides entering your computer's IP address and the data send port (49003) did you change any other ports or settings?

I have the FS-FlightControl. It's a bit pricey but well worth every cent. It's excellent for flight-planning with sids and stars, have a great map and a lot of features. You can use it both on your sim PC or networked. I'm using it on the same PC as the sim, but can't see any loss in FPS. Best of all, it works both on FSX-SE, FSX, Prepa3d and XP11. From the same install! So going from XP to FSX and back is no problem. You just start it up and click on the actual alternative you are running.

Q8 on youtube has a video published where he shows the features. Here: 

https://www.fs-flightcontrol.com/en/

Regards,

Did I see this correct that when setting up a flightplan with fs flightcontrol that you can have it automatically select the correct star? Also noticed you have to select the airways during the route calculation but that is not automatic and you must know which one to pick, correct?

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

5 hours ago, exodus1977 said:

hmmm, I'm going to try it again this evening. Besides entering your computer's IP address and the data send port (49003) did you change any other ports or settings?

Nope, I did everything as decribed in the instructions.  You could try a different browser or check your firewall settings. I use Firefox and no firewall or security software which would control or block network traffic.

8 hours ago, warbirds said:

Did I see this correct that when setting up a flightplan with fs flightcontrol that you can have it automatically select the correct star? Also noticed you have to select the airways during the route calculation but that is not automatic and you must know which one to pick, correct?

Here is how I create a flight plan in FS-FlightControl:

1. Go to Flightplan menu

2. In the box to the right: check "Use SIDs/STARs

3. Click if you want high or low airways or none

4. Click on: departure airport and then runway for T/O.

5. Click on: arrival airport and then runway for landing

6. Click on: Calculate Airway Route

7. Accept OK for automatic sids and stars.

8. Voilá. 

It takes around 10-15 sek if you check the weather for runways before you start the planning.

Then you can save it either in the program itself or export it as a .fms-file to Xplane.

There is a lot of nice features in FS-FlightControl. You can rightclick on an airport on the map and visually see how sids and stars goes from the runways. It's easy to delete or add waypoints in the ready flightplan if you want to edit before flight. And when you go to the map there is a useful "Height"-map if you are flying over mountains to find out the correct altitude.

I can go on even more with all the features. But why not test the trial?

Example made flightplan in 10 sek ESSA to EKCH:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-CyDEwJJAvgZmRFcjNnMWxLQ00

That sounds like the answer to what I have been looking for. The automatic sid and star selection is something no other flightplanner has I believe. 

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

16 hours ago, Patriot3810 said:

efass ng is a flight planner and efb built into one, the best product i have found that can be used on p3d and x-plane 11, i am hardly on anymore because i am ill, but it's worth the 25.00, i bought it 2 years ago

http://vthost.de/portal/?a=home

Hello,

I've heard that the developer of efass recently passed away. I don't know if it's true. Would be very sad for his family and a loss for our community. 

http://efass.net/portal/?a=forum_posts&id=274

Tom

Sometimes I have to admit to myself:
"Si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses"