Sign in to follow this  
DavidV935

No textures for some planes, but complete textures for others

I am stumped. This just started a few weeks ago after I updated my AMD Radeon graphics driver. I have addon aircraft downloaded from the library that are completely white - no external fuselage textures at all; some with partial textures - fuselage textures but no gear/strut textures OR vice versa, and others show all fuselage, gear and strut textures. I'm trying this embedded code for the first time hoping it shows you what I see. Any advice or insights is greatly appreciated.

2HaUp8W.png

The screenshot on my computer that comes from pictures\Flight Simulator X Files\ does not show the white polygons for clouds or the white polygons on the ramp surface. Have no idea why they show now???

You haven't accidentally ticked DX10 preview mode have you?

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

I have it ticked, but not accidentally. On page 9 of Jim's FSX Basic Configuration Guide, it shows it checked, so that's what I did.

Unless you are using "Steve's DX10 Fixer", I would recommend unchecking the DX10 Preview box.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

vortex681 and Charlie Aron...thank you! I just unticked that box and tried one of my aircraft that showed no textures and it painted fine right away!

If you want to use DX10 (and I think it's worth it just to have cockpit shadows), you should definitely get Steve's DX10 Scenery Fixer. It resolves all of the scenery and texture problems and gives you a lot of new options in DX10. It also allows you to add cloud shadows with another small add-on.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

10 minutes ago, vortex681 said:

Steve's DX10 Scenery Fixer.

Having just acquired this as it was required for my new FSL A320, I too recommend this acquisition.