P3d V.4 with Win 10?

is it still free?

ZORAN

You should have no problems.

Be sure you install this.

Cheers,

Mark

• Upvote 1

I used to run a win7 networked laptop and a main Win10 FSX/P3D PC with no problem whatsoever. But now I have everything on Win10 (latest build) and everything is working perfectly. 

My reccomendation is no upgrade from Win7 to Win10...start from scratch and make a fresh install.

Ezio 

AMD Ryzen 7800x3d, Asus ROG Strix RTX4090, Asus x670e-e, G-Skill F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR

1 hour ago, Rockliffe said:

Does anyone run a second networked computer on Win 7 while FSX/P3D on the main PC?

Hi,

Yes, my client is Win 7 running AS16/ASCOUDS and PFPX. Zero issues with shares. 

Bob

2 hours ago, zmak said:

is it still free?

Yes, if you know where to look. And before anyone panics..., it's available from Microsoft.

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Rockliffe said:

is should I stick with Win 7 or make a jump to Win 10?

I would go with Win10, it has some issues but it also has DX12 which in combination with other features of DX12 is a technology that could greatly help out flight simulator performance, especially in the threading and multi-GPU support.

I don't particularly like Win10 and it's still full of bugs even at this stage (1703), but it's NOT going away and it's market share is "slowly" increasing every month.

3 hours ago, Rockliffe said:

Does anyone run a second networked computer on Win 7 while FSX/P3D on the main PC?

Yes, no problems mixing and matching Win7 and Win10 in network configurations.

Cheers, Rob.

Hi Howard,

Good to see you. I have the latest version of Windows 10 with a fresh install, the new 1080 GTX rendered P3Dv4 on a (Samsung) 55 inch curved smart TV at 4K with right orientated P3Dv4 sliders.

New wineskins for new wine! P3Dv4 is a new start to the hobby insofar as stable platforms are concerned, at least for me. Go for it!

Kind regards,

Once again great advice from everyone, many thanks fellas.

39 minutes ago, SpiritFlyer said:

Hi Howard,

Good to see you. I have the latest version of Windows 10 with a fresh install, the new 1080 GTX rendered P3Dv4 on a (Samsung) 55 inch curved smart TV at 4K with right orientated P3Dv4 sliders.

New wineskins for new wine! P3Dv4 is a new start to the hobby insofar as stable platforms are concerned, at least for me. Go for it!

Kind regards,

Yup, I'm still around Stephen, although not quite as active as I once was. Nice to see you here.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776