Sign in to follow this  
gronden

FSX Exit Crash with PMDG737NGX

Hi,

after to have installed the last update of PMDG 737NGX for FSX, FSX crashes all the time while closing.

In the detail of the crash appears that the module causing that is the PMDG_737NGX_2.dll.

How this can be solved?

KR

Joe

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, gronden said:

Hi,

after to have installed the last update of PMDG 737NGX for FSX, FSX crashes all the time while closing.

In the detail of the crash appears that the module causing that is the PMDG_737NGX_2.dll.

How this can be solved?

KR

Joe

This is a known bug that will get looked at eventually. It is pretty low on the priorities list as it doesn't stop you from flying.

FYI, PMDG require full names - first and last - on the forums.

On ‎7‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 0:18 PM, PMDG777 said:

This is a known bug that will get looked at eventually. It is pretty low on the priorities list as it doesn't stop you from flying.

Even if it's on exit, any type of crash is a pretty serious bug.  I would hope it gets a look sooner rather than later.  There are still some of us that still use FSX regularly and the crash is pretty annoying.

Marc Schrier

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

5 hours ago, MadDog said:

Even if it's on exit, any type of crash is a pretty serious bug.  I would hope it gets a look sooner rather than later.  There are still some of us that still use FSX regularly and the crash is pretty annoying.

+1 Agreed!

• Like 1

Cheers,
Todd

CXA557-2.jpg

11 hours ago, MadDog said:

Marc Schrier

Very true, but what is more serious: a crash that occurs when you're shutting down the sim, or one that occurs when you're flying?

What a question? Normal state- if there is no any ...exactly as it was before the last "global" update. 

Philipp Nikulchenko. 

Philipp Nikulchenko

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Your link has nothing to do with the discussed issue. Error on  simulator exit  is associated with the "PMDG_737NGX_2.dll", that clearly shows by the "System Event Viewer" log. Nor "ctrl-c", neither any other method not works in this case... 

Philipp Nikulchenko. 

Philipp Nikulchenko

FSX crashing while shutting down is the same as pulling the power plug on your PC while Windows is in the middle of shutting down.

You're taking a big risk of file corruption and having to rebuild you FS PC.

5 hours ago, PMDG777 said:

Very true, but what is more serious: a crash that occurs when you're shutting down the sim, or one that occurs when you're flying?

Either one can be detrimental to the files of your sim.

• Like 1

Cheers,
Todd

CXA557-2.jpg

15 minutes ago, ViperXBR said:

FSX crashing while shutting down is the same as pulling the power plug on your PC while Windows is in the middle of shutting down.

You're taking a big risk of file corruption and having to rebuild you FS PC.

That's not true at all, sorry. FSX is a program terminating, completely different to an operating system terminating, and even further away from pulling the plug on a PC.

15 minutes ago, ViperXBR said:

Either one can be detrimental to the files of your sim.

An FSX crash should not have any detrimental effect on your system.

3 minutes ago, PMDG777 said:

That's not true at all, sorry. FSX is a program terminating, completely different to an operating system terminating, and even further away from pulling the plug on a PC.

An FSX crash should not have any detrimental effect on your system.

Take a look at your sim config files before and after starting up and shutting down FS.  FSX most definitely writes to some, if not all, of these files while shutting down.  If any of these file writes gets interrupted, especially while in the middle of writing out, from FSX crashing, you'll be rebuilding something.  If you make changes in your sim during a flight, some of those changes will only be written to the config files on shutdown of the sim.

That's probably the biggest user issue with FSX/P3D is they really don't understand how complex of an application these are.

Cheers,
Todd

CXA557-2.jpg

3 minutes ago, ViperXBR said:

Take a look at your sim config files before and after starting up and shutting down FS.  FSX most definitely writes to some, if not all, of these files while shutting down.  

It would only be writing to config files if I'd changed settings, otherwise it's just dumping the application out of the system's memory.

If any of these file writes gets interrupted, especially while in the middle of writing out, from FSX crashing, you'll be rebuilding something.  If you make changes in your sim during a flight, some of those changes will only be written to the config files on shutdown of the sim.

Bit different to corrupting my PC and forcing me to rebuild the whole system though. You might have exaggerated a little with that one haha :laugh:

That's probably the biggest user issue with FSX/P3D is they really don't understand how complex of an application these are.

That's true, however I don't think a module crash when the sim exits is as big of deal as you might think. Worst case scenario, it doesn't write any changed you made. Most configs are rebuilt by the application.

52 minutes ago, PMDG777 said:

It would only be writing to config files if I'd changed settings, otherwise it's just dumping the application out of the system's memory.

Bit different to corrupting my PC and forcing me to rebuild the whole system though. You might have exaggerated a little with that one haha :laugh:

That's true, however I don't think a module crash when the sim exits is as big of deal as you might think. Worst case scenario, it doesn't write any changed you made. Most configs are rebuilt by the application.

I only post this out of past experience.  It's hit me a few times in the past with certain add-ons.

Take it for what it is.  Ignore it or heed the warning.  You have that choice!

Cheers,
Todd

CXA557-2.jpg

I also had the annoying problem of fsx crashing upon exit after using a pmdg aircraft after these latest updates.  The way I fixed it was I just renamed the two .dll files in the Gauges directory and replaced them with my two earlier versions.  ie. PMDG_737NGX_2.dll and PMDG_737NGX.dll.  My PMDG Operations Centre still states I have the latest versions installed of 1.20.8443 and I do not seem to be missing any functionality.  The two files I am using are dated 24/03/2015. I no longer have FSX crash when exiting. 

7 minutes ago, ivanrk said:

I also had the annoying problem of fsx crashing upon exit after using a pmdg aircraft after these latest updates.  The way I fixed it was I just renamed the two .dll files in the Gauges directory and replaced them with my two earlier versions.  ie. PMDG_737NGX_2.dll and PMDG_737NGX.dll.  My PMDG Operations Centre still states I have the latest versions installed of 1.20.8443 and I do not seem to be missing any functionality.  The two files I am using are dated 24/03/2015. I no longer have FSX crash when exiting. 

Changing the dll's is a no no. By doing that you 100% loss some of the fixes, although not apparent to you. It can cause also instability and potential crashes of the simulator while you are using it.

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com