Sign in to follow this  
Guest Bill Hinton

Panaramic scrolling view using the tophat switch?

Guest Bill Hinton

Greetings and Best Wishes to all!When I first started using FS2004, I download a(n) utility program which provided the capability to use the tophat on my control yoke to scroll the view from inside without viewing the inside of the cockpit. I failed to remember the name of the file, and would like to use the utility again. Any help will be deeply appreciated.Geof Applegate is probably aware of it. Hi, GeofTIA,

Guest RonB49

I believe that you need to add a line into your FS9.cfg file. Place this line in the following section:[CONTROLS]pan_in_cockpit_mode=1I hope that this is what you want. R-

Guest Bill Hinton

Ron,Thanks for the response. However, I had already tried that and it did not change anything that I could see.A description of what I had: While in the cockpit with the panel in view (straight ahead), I could use the tophat to scroll from left to right or right to left in a panaramic method as if I were in Spotplane mode without the Spotplane in the view and with the Instrument Panel in front of me.I had it at one time and would like to have it again. Really neat!Maybe someone know the answer.Thanks, again,

Hmm, I added that line and it gave just that. The scenery goes panning around, while the instrument panel stays still. Did you want something different? Make sure your panel switch is assigned to Pan View.Hope this helps,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

Guest Bill Hinton

Bingo!I uninstalled and re-installed the program, and then added that line to the FS9.CFG file. Now it works like a charm.Thanks again,