Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

Closeup Of The Rift $399 Bundle vs Original CV1

Just an informational post for those considering to make the jump to VR: https://www.roadtovr.com/closeup-with-new-cheaper-oculus-rift-touch-bundle-ships-with-improved-foam-padding/

The new bundle is currently on sale for $400 as part of the big Summer of Rift sale. After the limited-time discount, the bundle will be priced at $500, which is $100 cheaper than Oculus was selling the Rift and Touch packaged separately.

To achieve that new, lower MSRP, the company had to remove some of what used to come in those two boxes. Here’s what’s in the new Rift + Touch bundle, and what’s not:

Included:

Rift

• Touch Controllers
  • Two Sensors
  • Two AA Batteries
  • Oculus Sticker
  • Headphone Removal Tool
  • Lens Cloth
  • Documentation
  • Some Great Free Games and Apps
  • Xbox One Gamepad
  • Xbox One Wireless Adapter
  • Oculus Remote
  • USB Extension Cable
  • Rock Band VR Guitar Adapter for Touch

No Longer Included:

• Xbox One Gamepad
  • Xbox One Wireless Adapter
  • Oculus Remote
  • USB Extension Cable
  • Rock Band VR Guitar Adapter for Touch

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Thank you for posting this. I've been eyeing this deal for a while now and just about ready to make the move. Any idea till when this deal is supposed to last? 

The items that aren't included aren't really needed anyway. I already own an XBOne so the two things I will probably miss are the Oculus Remote and the USB Extension cable but then again, I don't see much use of the former and the latter is easily available in any electronic store. 

I also need to upgrade my GPU (currently on an Asus Strix GTX970) so this is going to be a pretty expensive investment, hopefully worth the reward in the end.

1 hour ago, krazyk said:

Thank you for posting this. I've been eyeing this deal for a while now and just about ready to make the move. Any idea till when this deal is supposed to last? 

The items that aren't included aren't really needed anyway. I already own an XBOne so the two things I will probably miss are the Oculus Remote and the USB Extension cable but then again, I don't see much use of the former and the latter is easily available in any electronic store. 

I also need to upgrade my GPU (currently on an Asus Strix GTX970) so this is going to be a pretty expensive investment, hopefully worth the reward in the end.

Don't quote me, but I believe June 24th is the end date.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

3 hours ago, krazyk said:

Personally I wouldn't touch this generation of VR. Its terrible. I purchased the OR in January and sold it a few months later. I purchased  Flyinside for FSX, P3D & XP. I also purchased Areofly and it was awful in all! You can't read guages and everything more then a few miles away looks fuzzy. The resolution just isn't enough yet. 

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

2 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

Don't quote me, but I believe June 24th is the end date.

Ignore that, I can't seem to find a concrete end date.

Devons rig