Running P3D v4 under load and getting a temperature between 66-78f (never to 80) on my i7 4770k oc'd to 4.4 using the Corsair H110 cooler.  This is with the fans set to 'Quiet' through Corsair Link.  Question, is this an acceptable temperature?

If I use 'Performance' through Corsair Link the temperatures are in the low to upper 60's but this makes the fans very loud.  I know these numbers are acceptable but would like your thoughts on the former numbers using 'Quiet' mode.

Thanks!

I have an H55, which doesn't have/use Corsair Link so I can't really speak to whether or not those settings are operating efficiently. I would venture to guess, though, that the H100 and H55 (and most Corsair AIO units) have the same crappy, OEM fans. I pulled mine off and then stuck two COUGAR Vortex fans on there, sandwiching the radiator in a push-pull configuration. If you're so technically inclined, I'd suggest you do the same. They move much more air and are much quieter.

But as you seem to already know, those temps are fine. Even at 80*C, you have over another 20*C before the chip throttles itself...

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, garrett_frank said:

I would venture to guess, though, that the H100 and H55 (and most Corsair AIO units) have the same crappy, OEM fans.

I have a Corsair H110i GT which I use with the quiet profile and, apart from being very loud on initial startup, the stock fans are completely silent (currently - idle: 25C, heavy load: 64C). I leave the quiet profile set all of the time. Maybe the 140mm fans are better or perhaps they've changed the design.

I wouldn't worry about temps in the mid 70s under load for an oveclocked processor. I'd consider it a fair trade-off for the lack of noise. Remember that you'll only reach those temps occasionally and the majority of the time it will be much cooler.

• Upvote 1

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

On 7/21/2017 at 1:00 PM, Chuck Dreier said:

Running P3D v4 under load and getting a temperature between 66-78f (never to 80) on my i7 4770k oc'd to 4.4 using the Corsair H110 cooler.  This is with the fans set to 'Quiet' through Corsair Link.  Question, is this an acceptable temperature?

If I use 'Performance' through Corsair Link the temperatures are in the low to upper 60's but this makes the fans very loud.  I know these numbers are acceptable but would like your thoughts on the former numbers using 'Quiet' mode.

Thanks!

I'm running about 45-55 heavy load. What kind of case? I have the Thermaltake v71 which is a big case and am running three of the stock fans. Pulling air from the front and pushing the back. I have the H100i v2 and replaced the big stock fan on top with the two fans with the Corsair. I'm actually using it to pull air in from the top through the rad. The reason I can do that is because I have filters on the top and will keep the rad clean. OC'd to 4.7 and with P3D4 or any other game it's running very nice. Haven't tried 5.0 yet but just monitoring right now for stability. And it's quite stable and running pretty cool.

Unless your processor were running 100 I wouldn't worry. Looks pretty good otherwise.

i7-7700k OC'd 4.7 GHz,   Asus Prime Z270-A MOBO ,32 GB DDR4 Ripjaws, ZOTAC ampExtreme 1080 8GB,  Thermaltake Core V71 Case, Corsair H100i v2 liquid cooler, RM850xCorsair psu, ADATA M.2 2280 240GB SATA III TLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) WIndows 10 Pro, 2 TB Samsung and 3 TB WD HDs .

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

Just got my motherboard bundle delivered the supplier o/c to 4.8 using a air cooler bequiet darkrock 17700k CPU core voltage 1.325 tested with aida64 CPU temp (idle) 40 CPU temp (load) 76 I installed in my case and ran aida64 under load CPU temp 97 and got message cpu usage throttling 8 max overheating detected supplier suggested one intake fan at front two intake on top and one exhaust at rear but only slightly lower temp I will contact them tomorrow and suggest they talk me through how to set everything back to normal 4.2 and test again hope to reduce the temps down and will be happy.

Thanks,jim

thank you,Jim

Asus Prime Z270-P| I7700k@4.6| 16gDDR4 3000 VengLpx|

Corsair H115aio Cooler| Evga GeForce 1080gpu|Corsair Rm750

I've been getting pretty much that same FSX temp spread with my 4.5Ghz 4770k run under a SilverArrow SB-E air cooler (which is very quiet even with its fans maxed).  Usually in the mid 60s.  Been running this way for nearly 4 years now; still runs rock solid stable as if it were brand new.  Never had to bump voltages since I first dialed that OC in, though it is close to being a 'golden chip', needing only 1.20v for that 4.5 oc with HT off.  Until intel or amd makes significantly faster CPUs, or a new and compelling FS comes out which fully exploits multiple cores, I'll be running this rig until it fails.

Rod O.

i7 10700k @5.0 HT on|Asus Maximus XII Hero|G.Skill 2x16GB DDR4 4000 cas 16|evga RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra|Noctua NH-D15S|Thermaltake GF1 850W PSU|WD Black SN750 M.2 1TB SSD (x2)|Plextor M9Pe .5TB NVMe PCIe x4 SSD (MSFS dedicated)IFractal Design Focus G Case

Win 10 Pro 64|HP Reverb G2 revised VR HMD|Asus 25" IPS 2K 60Hz monitor|Saitek X52 Pro & Peddles|TIR 5 (now retired)

Sounds about right. I got about 98C with my de-lidded 4770K @ 4.4 GHz when running AVX torture tests, but closer to 65 - 70C in games.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP