I thought such a topic would come handy.

To kick start it, I would like to ask if someone's kind enough and make a West Atlantic (cargo variant) repaint on the DC-6 please? In reality, West Atlantic did never operate the type (Air Atlantique did).

West Atlantic is basically a holding company for Atlantic Airlines (they "inherited" Air Atlantique) and West Air Sweden. West Atlantic operate a fleet consisting of BAE ATPs (would love to see a study level BAE ATP in P3D), 737s, 767s and CRJs.

I think the West Atlantic livery (both the grey and the white one) looks great and would make for an excellent dress for the DC-6 especially in a nice, weathered condition. 

West-Atlantic-ATPF-cropped.jpg

• Upvote 1

1hxz6d.png
kityatyi

I7 6700K 4.6 GHz, MSI Geforce GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5

16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 2666 MHz RAM, 750GB SSD, 1TB HDD

May I add Lanica Airlines, the National Airline of Nicaragua in the Sixties? Back in 1961 my family rode down there from MIA for a 3 year assignment. I think they were a spin off from Pan Am, and Pan American did the maintenance on there DC-6 in Miami. Sorry I don't know how to post a picture.

Vic green

Gotta be "Canadian Pacific Airlines" :)

Bruce

• Upvote 1

Bruce Wood

Everts Air Fuel

2791921.jpg?v=v40

Still operating 8 DC-6's on daily bases in 2017! Making it the biggest AVGAS users in the world.

Reagards Ronald

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Chris733 said:

Florida Air Transport please .... for carribean Operation between Miami and St. Maarten......

https://www.planespotters.net/Aviation_Photos/search.php?reg=N70BF

https://www.flickr.com/search/?text=N70BF

12683351753_468a81f595_b.jpg

N70BF

thx

best regards

+1 on this!

1hxz6d.png
kityatyi

I7 6700K 4.6 GHz, MSI Geforce GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5

16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 2666 MHz RAM, 750GB SSD, 1TB HDD

They would be fictional, but I'd love to see Trans Canada Airlines and Royal Canadian Air Force (both operated DC-4's)

Dave Reage

• Upvote 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Yep more Everts please.

Charlie BrownIMG_7210-X2.jpg

The Blue Canoe

IMG_0303-HDR-Edit-X2.jpg

gotta love the 6!!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Darren Howie

17 hours ago, RonnieDuck said:

Everts Air Fuel

2791921.jpg?v=v40

Still operating 8 DC-6's on daily bases in 2017! Making it the biggest AVGAS users in the world.

Reagards Ronald

Love it. Where in heck do these companies get parts for these old bird? Make them their selves?

• Upvote 1

Vic green

My humble requests:

Douglas_DC-6B_OY-EAR_Sterling_Kastrup_10

Sterling Airlines

d_abah.jpg

Südwestflug (beautiful livery!)

D-ABAY_DC-6A_Germanair_LGW_08MAY69_(5574

Germanair

• Upvote 2

Regards.
Matthias Hanel

MilViz Beta Team

11 hours ago, PATCO LCH said:

Love it. Where in heck do these companies get parts for these old bird? Make them their selves?

Everts are the largest holder of R2800's in the world.

I was lucky enough to do some photography for a project of theirs and had a great look at there workshop/hangar in Fairbanks.

They have a mini boneyard there with lots and lots of DC-6's etc for canabalizing. They are always on the hunt for parts and retiring aircraft to purchase for either parts or operational use.

i-SMgrmFC-X2.jpg

i-Sh2MCD8-X2.jpg

i-C2q9s3c-X2.jpg

i-wQkBQC3-X2.jpg

Amazing facility at Fairbanks and the Everts people are amazingly friendly. The consider themselves custodians of these incredible aircraft and are very happy to show you around if you end up in Fairbanks.

Not just the DC-6 but these bad boys...

i-wNZk4Bx-X2.jpg

• Upvote 4

Darren Howie

4fc10e5c094867909cfc6be33101fb4d.jpg

aircraft-douglaslogo.png

it would be nice to see a black yoke with Douglas logo.. , yellow tiller  and window locks ...

thanks

best regards

• Upvote 4