Thanks Kitiyati for your comment, I totally missed the fact that it was named Air Atlantic! And the thumbnail wasn't easy to spot as i wasn't looking at that one in particular terribly hard.

But my request for BOAC passenger version and British United still stand!!!! B-) 

On 31/07/2017 at 10:16 PM, Mantock said:

Ok boys,

I am sad that nobody has requested any UK based stuff yet, there wasn't many UK based DC-6 operators so I'm not massively suprised there were no liveries in the initial release but here goes.

1995HermesBOAC_DFD.jpg

Above all, the BOAC DC-6, we have the cargo version so already close! Just need to get the passenger livery. 

That photo of a 'BOAC DC-6' is actually a Handley Page Hermes fuselage! Although BOAC operated the DC-7C, I don't think they ever used the DC-6 although I am open to correction on that but I love the BOAC schemes so fictional repaints would be very welcome anyway!

Another vote for the beautiful British Eagle scheme and not to forget Lloyd International, Air Ferry and the more recent lovely Air Atlantique schemes.

Bill

On 7/25/2017 at 1:42 PM, Treetops45 said:

Anything South American would be welcome.

T45

k53pkx.jpg

Roberto Stopnicki

Toronto, Canada

I'd love to see a Varig DC-6B as well as Western Air Lines middle or late livery.  Caledonian would make a good choice too...

Jay Ferris

It would be awesome to have the Vasp livery.

dc6cvasp.jpg

• Upvote 1

Felipe Bachian
I7 4790K@4.6 / ASUS ATX Maximus VII Ranger / 32GB (4x8) 1866Mhz DDR3 Corsair Vengeance / EVGA GTX 1070 6Gb / 2x 480Gb SSD
Honneycomb Alpha Yoke + CH Throttle Quadrant + Saitek Multi Panel + CH Pro Pedals + Logitech Extreme 3D Pro

On 08/08/2017 at 0:27 PM, scianoir said:

That photo of a 'BOAC DC-6' is actually a Handley Page Hermes fuselage! Although BOAC operated the DC-7C, I don't think they ever used the DC-6 although I am open to correction on that but I love the BOAC schemes so fictional repaints would be very welcome anyway!

Another vote for the beautiful British Eagle scheme and not to forget Lloyd International, Air Ferry and the more recent lovely Air Atlantique schemes.

Bill

:( :( :(  lol, massive fail on my part :P

So did BOAC use the DC-6 at all? Am I not able to do a realistic trans Atlantic flight in the DC-6 with my favourite carrier of that era?  :'(

1 hour ago, Mantock said:

:( :( :(  lol, massive fail on my part :P

So did BOAC use the DC-6 at all? Am I not able to do a realistic trans Atlantic flight in the DC-6 with my favourite carrier of that era?  :'(

Lol - an easy mistake to make as they are not too dissimilar! The only reason I knew was that I think that fuselage was originally on display at the Wales Aircraft Museum (now closed) at Cardiff Airport where I saw and photographed it.

I don't think BOAC used the DC-6 at all (unless they leased any in) but, as I said, I am open to correction on that. But remember this is a simulation where anything goes and where the world is your oyster so why not fly the DC-6 on some of the DC-7C routes operated by BOAC? We won't tell anyone!😉

Bill

A fantasy request this time - how about Seaboard and Western?  They never flew the DC-6 but one of their DC-4 schemes would probably port over nicely. Either or both would make a nice stablemate for Jankees' S&W paint for the A2A Connie.

3b7d67acf59063518b4eaa782af4ad9e--cargo-

douglas-dc-4-seaboard-and-western-3d-mod

As always... thanks in advance to any painter who's willing to take one of these on.

Should be nice to see this old lady from the early history of Norwegian long haul avaiation. Braathens used to fly ship crew from Europe to the far east like Hong Kong and Singapore.

The main service center foe Bratthens SAFE was at ENZV so the DC-6 er was a regular visitor. Also Iclandair DC-6 was at ENZV often, as Braathens SAFE Technical services did the maintenance of these aircrafts.

So if there is a painter who would like to do it,  i have several pictures available. and I think a lot of Norwegian simmers will be happy.

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Braathens-SAFE/Douglas-DC-6B/1198040?qsp=eJwtjbEKwkAQRH9FttZChBTpEu218AeWu8EEY%2B7YXYhHyL%2B7Oeweb4aZlUKaDV97lgxqScESBjpSZuGPUrvSG2VJEp3pdj01h16YbcCs3tIk1hdPIhu6EJAN8e/vEiF7BA118OUHZwfIozJdGvdx1Dxx3YDxONG2/QC9SDE9

Jan Stene

ENZV

I have uploaded a PMDG (FSX/P3D) DC-6B repaint for Braathens S.A.F.E. (South American & Far East) Airlines. It was the Norwegian airline that Jan Stene requested and which operated from 1946 until it merged with Scandinavian Airlines Norway (SAS) in 2004 to become SAS Braathens.  This aircraft, LN-SUK, is painted as seen at Stockhoim-Bromma (BMA/ESSB) in August 1971.

The repaint in .ptp format is available at AVSIM at https://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=p3dacrp&DLID=200876

David Blitch
USAF (Retired); i7-6700K @ 4.0, 16g RAM, GTX 1070, SSD 1TB, SSD 240 GB, HDD 2TB, LG 32" Monitor, P3Dv4,
UTL, FSC, ASN, ORBX, Track IR 5, EFB, PFPX, TOPCAT, PMDG 737, 747, 777, DC-6

14 hours ago, usaforf said:

I have uploaded a PMDG (FSX/P3D) DC-6B repaint for Braathens S.A.F.E. (South American & Far East) Airlines. It was the Norwegian airline that Jan Stene requested and which operated from 1946 until it merged with Scandinavian Airlines Norway (SAS) in 2004 to become SAS Braathens.  This aircraft, LN-SUK, is painted as seen at Stockhoim-Bromma (BMA/ESSB) in August 1971.

The repaint in .ptp format is available at AVSIM at https://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=p3dacrp&DLID=200876

Thanks a lot David !!!!!  Realy a very nice painting. Just had my first flight with it from ENBR to ENZV. I like it a lot.

Thanks again.

Jan Stene

ENZV