Sign in to follow this  
Zimmerbz

Scenery Prioroty Question

A question for you experts out there... Is there any reason that when I open up my scenery library within the sim, all of my addon airports are greyed out and I can't do anything with them?   I can't move priority, delete, etc.  This is only on the payware airports.  Everything else can be moved and changed.  Thanks

I'd post a pick but I can't see where to do that

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

if they were installed with the add-on xml method they are greyed out. If you want to move them, you need to provide a Layer entry in the xml file. If you want to disable it, you can do that in P3D itself.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I'm not sure what that means since I am not technical.  All I did was follow the instructions on the installer and it was installed without me doing anything but clicking "next"

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

6 minutes ago, Zimmerbz said:

I'm not sure what that means since I am not technical.  All I did was follow the instructions on the installer and it was installed without me doing anything but clicking "next"

You are not providing enough information for an "expert" to help you, let alone someone like myself who is not an expert at anything.  For example, if you installed something from FSDT then they installed to the LM recommended method instead of the old FSX method.  The scenery library will show the locations added with the recommended method but you cannot directly move their order in the list.  First of all, what are you trying to do?  Do you realize that order does not mean anythiing as long as there are some basic concepts followed by the developer?  You should never have to arrange the scenery order, so the question is what do you want to do and why?

Dan Downs KCRP

Sorry for not clarifying.  All I was trying to do was remove Imaginesim LGA from the library so that the  NYC X LGA can take its place.  I didn't think I had to remove it completely but that is probably what I will have to do. 

4 minutes ago, Zimmerbz said:

Sorry for not clarifying.  All I was trying to do was remove Imaginesim LGA from the library so that the  NYC X LGA can take its place.  I didn't think I had to remove it completely but that is probably what I will have to do. 

Look for an ImagineSim KLGA in the <user>\Documents\Prepare3D v3 Add-ons\ folder.  In the imagainsim folder look for the file add-ons.xml.  If KLGA is your only imaginesim airport then you can simply change the filename to add-ons.xml.OFF and it is no longer in your addon list.  If you have multiple imaginesim airports then you open the add-ons.xml and find the AddOn.Component for KLGA and bracket it with Comment tags, in  othewords put a <Comment> before <AddOn.Component> and </Comment> after </AddOn.Component> thus commenting out the KLGA addon.  If this is too complex then try the free AddOn Manager.

Dan Downs KCRP

Alternatively, you can disable the entry from the options menu in P3D. NOTE: I am not sure whether this is a permanent disable or just for the session. If just for the session, Dan's suggestion is the way to go.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors