Sign in to follow this  
Helix1250

Making requests to PF3 ATC

Good evening everyone,

Now its highly likely that I am or have done something wrong.  I have been struggling with getting ATC to acknowledge my requests, and I think that I have found what it is.  Normally I let my FO do all the coms, but from time to time I need to jump in and make my own request.

Anyway if I use for example, "Ground",  "Callsign, requesting push and start" I get no reply at all But if I use "Callsign requesting push and start" it works okay, and that is the same for other ATC positions as well. I have to drop the position I am calling from my request. 

Now I don't know if this is a new thing that was added and I have missed the info, or I have a glitch. I have the latest download and I have also used the update for the Pmdg DH clicking its self up every few seconds. 

But to say that if I let the FO do all the coms then it works like a charm. 

Rob

Well maybe I am the only one having this issue, plus twice now I have had to restart MCE as it just stops responding during mid flight. restarting is the only option.

On ‎24‎.‎07‎.‎2017 at 9:06 PM, jimble said:

@Helix1250   Try switching off 'enable optimizations'. That appears to have fixed the problem for me.

Same here. Recognition of PF3-ATC requests is vastly improved after switching off "enable optimizations".

Thanks for the hint!