Sign in to follow this  
asanal

Yoke and Rudder pedals

Some reason my  Eclipse Yoke and Pro Pedals are not working.  DC-6  in state "Ready for Taxi". All External items checked and are Off.

AXIS all selected.

What am I doing wrong?

Ahmet Sanal

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted"

Posted elsewhere: Gust lock off?

• Upvote 1

Herman Ross

Seattle, USA

Herman,

Thanks for your reply

It was my mistake when I put DC-6 "Ready for Taxi" state, I assumed lock already released. No it is not correct. I removed the lock manually and flight controls are released..

iDmjAu.jpg

Ahmet Sanal

55 minutes ago, asanal said:

It was my mistake when I put DC-6 "Ready for Taxi" state, I assumed lock already released. No it is not correct. I removed the lock manually and flight controls are released..

The DC6 has big control surfaces, you don't want to be near the yoke when a gust catches an unlocked aileron..., and you won't taxi without gust lock again.  The surfaces are locked until pretakeoff checks, normally performed on the ramp located at the takeoff end of the runway and mostly disappeared from modern airports.  Back in the day, you'd have a line of transports waiting for temps to get into the green then running up and doing mag checks and prop checks... all that is done before takeoff rather than after engine start.  Props are different from jets.

• Upvote 2

Dan Downs KCRP

Dan, thanks for you informative response,

Ahmet Sanal