Sign in to follow this  
Shaun Slade

BIRMINGHAM-SHUTTLESWORTH INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT

On 5/26/2019 at 12:04 AM, kmanning said:

Hi,

Just wanted to let everyone know that I've found the problem for the black textured runway and the main terminal ramp. If any of you have this issue, make sure the Preview Direct X 10 is "Uncheck." This is in the Graphics Tab under the Display Settings. You will need to restart FSX for the changes to take effect.

Ken.

Sorry for the late reply Ken.

Yes I've not supported FSX's DX10 because it's not fully implemented and buggy. However I've never encountered this even with preview mode on. Interesting!

Thanks for posting the solution.

Kind regards,

Shaun.

Hi Shaun,

I have a question regardomg the runway and taxiway lighting systems. I've noticed that when I open your file in ADE, you have all the runway and taxiway lights turned off. But they do work in the simulator, P3D. So, my question is that are you using custom runway and taxiway lighting for this airport, since you have them turned off in ADE? The problem is that the sequence strobes on the approach end to runway 6 are not working. Is there anything I can do to make the sequence strobes work without effecting your custom runway airport lighting system? And by the way, if they are custom, where are the customs files located because I haven't been able to locate them?

Ken.

Edited by kmanning

On 6/25/2019 at 9:27 PM, kmanning said:

Hi Shaun,

I have a question regarding the runway and taxiway lighting systems. I've noticed that when I open your file in ADE, you have all the runway and taxiway lights turned off. But they do work in the simulator, P3D. So, my question is that are you using custom runway and taxiway lighting for this airport, since you have them turned off in ADE? The problem is that the sequence strobes on the approach end to runway 6 are not working. Is there anything I can do to make the sequence strobes work without effecting your custom runway airport lighting system? And by the way, if they are custom, where are the customs files located because I haven't been able to locate them?

Ken.

Hi Ken, 

Sorry for the delay in replying.

I'm not sure I put the running rabbit lights in, to add them in ADE would require loading the KBHM_Models.bgl in the library manager, removing the runway lights model and then turning on the runway and approach lights in ADE. This would remove the 3D model of the approach array.

Kind regards,

Shaun.

Edited by Shaun Slade

5 hours ago, Shaun Slade said:

Hi Ken, 

Sorry for the delay in replying.

I'm not sure I put the running rabbit lights in, to add them in ADE would require loading the KBHM_Models.bgl in the library manager, removing the runway lights model and then turning on the runway and approach lights in ADE. This would remove the 3D model of the approach array.

Kind regards,

Shaun.

Hi Shaun,

Okay, I see, so yours is custom because I've noticed you have the lightings in ADE turned off and nothing is checked. Maybe you can clear something for me. According to the FAA Information for KBHM, runway 6 has the ALSF2 approach type lighting system and runway 24 has the MALSR type. Correct me if I'm wrong, but do both of these type approach systems have the flashing strobes? According to Wikipedia, the ALSF2 has the sequence flashers and the MALSR is the alignment type, but it doesn't say rather it flashes or not, but I think it does. After installing your scenery, I edited the ADE file because of the runway 24 glide slope being in the wrong location and also edited the tower view for the correct height. One night a couple of weeks ago, I did a night flight out of KBHM and when I loaded the flight, the runway and taxiway lights did not work at all, and I have not edited the Lights in ADE. I replaced my airport file with yours and all the lights worked. The only thing I edited was the glide slope position and the tower view height, but these should not have affected the runway and taxiway lights. I'm just want to be sure I have the correct understanding regarding the flashers on both type approach lighting system.

Ken.

• Like 1

I'm sorry for the lack of reply for a whole year, if I don't have time to reply, I often forget!

The P3Dv5 update now has the running rabbit runway alignment light for the ALSF2 for runway 06, I didn't put anything in for 24 MASLR. I have just released the updates for P3D V4 AND v5. I realise now I forgot to import this into P3Dv4. 

I will update the v4 and FSX version again during the week!

Also, I don't have an issue with the 24 glide slope, what seems to be the problem?

On 7/3/2019 at 8:27 PM, kmanning said:

Hi Shaun,

Okay, I see, so yours is custom because I've noticed you have the lightings in ADE turned off and nothing is checked. Maybe you can clear something for me. According to the FAA Information for KBHM, runway 6 has the ALSF2 approach type lighting system and runway 24 has the MALSR type. Correct me if I'm wrong, but do both of these type approach systems have the flashing strobes? According to Wikipedia, the ALSF2 has the sequence flashers and the MALSR is the alignment type, but it doesn't say rather it flashes or not, but I think it does. After installing your scenery, I edited the ADE file because of the runway 24 glide slope being in the wrong location and also edited the tower view for the correct height. One night a couple of weeks ago, I did a night flight out of KBHM and when I loaded the flight, the runway and taxiway lights did not work at all, and I have not edited the Lights in ADE. I replaced my airport file with yours and all the lights worked. The only thing I edited was the glide slope position and the tower view height, but these should not have affected the runway and taxiway lights. I'm just want to be sure I have the correct understanding regarding the flashers on both type approach lighting system.

Ken.

Edited by Shaun Slade