Sign in to follow this  
rlaycock

DC6 not saving engine hours

Hi all

Firstly this is a magnificent add on which I am really enjoying.  Well done PMDG.

However I have one small issue, which is certainly no show stopper but a little annoying

My DC-6 does not record / Save the Engine / Propeller / Airframe health or hours.  Each time I start the sim with the same repaint I get a fresh DC-6. 

As I say, not a show stopper, but I was kind of looking forward to seeing how long I could make the machinery last. 

I have left a ticket in support but I don’t expect a fast response given the other commitments the PMDG team currently have.

I was hoping others hear may be able to point me in the correct direction as to what may be going on.

I have tried uninstalling and re installing with no success.

The only clue I have, is that when I go into the PMDG control centre the first time after installing and loading the sim I get an error about the repaint (even the default PMDG repaint), I select repair and it adds the info to the end of the   aircraft config file. So the aircraft info is in the file in two places

Thanks in advance if you can help

Bob Laycock

6 hours ago, rlaycock said:

I have tried uninstalling and re installing with no success.

Not a surprise, hang around here Bob and you'll see PMDG recommend against this almost daily.  Don't unless it's recommended.

It is possible that if you don't assign admin rights to your simulator (you didn't mention which one) when you run it that files don't get updated.  Be sure to run as admin.

Dan Downs KCRP

Im having the same issue and I'm sure I have run as admin selected.

Christian Alton

I think this was set up differently than our Boeing models, where it only saves if you save a flight using the sim Save Flight function.

Kyle Rodgers

It must be slightly different. It did save hours for me although I never saved a flight. But it doesn't always save hours. Maybe it saves them in an interval? Or only when you landed and shutdown? It seems it's definitely not always saving it when exiting a flight.

Best,

David Miller

David

FSX User / Into Addons with deeper Systems Modeling / Love planes and airports and ATC

pf3-supporter.gif