Sign in to follow this  
allisnotwells

PMDG Operations Center did not install with NGX

Hi, I recently purchased the base package of the NGX for Prepar3d v4. The Plane works great in sim with the house livery, but the operations center seems to have failed to install. The folder is there in C:\Program Files (x86)\PMDG Operations Center but the only files in it are the OpsCenterUpdater.exe, PMDG_Icon.ico, and PMDG-OC-Manual.pdf. I ran both the updater and reran the installer to no avail. I sware I'm missing something but can't find it or the shortcut to it anywhere. help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Adam Wells

2 hours ago, allisnotwells said:

Hi, I recently purchased the base package of the NGX for Prepar3d v4. The Plane works great in sim with the house livery, but the operations center seems to have failed to install. The folder is there in C:\Program Files (x86)\PMDG Operations Center but the only files in it are the OpsCenterUpdater.exe, PMDG_Icon.ico, and PMDG-OC-Manual.pdf. I ran both the updater and reran the installer to no avail. I sware I'm missing something but can't find it or the shortcut to it anywhere. help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Adam Wells

Did you run the updater as admin and with antivirus disabled? When you installed the NGX, did you do the same?

7 hours ago, PMDG777 said:

Did you run the updater as admin and with antivirus disabled? When you installed the NGX, did you do the same?

I did to both. I only have the default Windows 10 Defender anti-virus which i disable for both the updater and the installer. still no luck.

Adam Wells

5 hours ago, allisnotwells said:

I did to both. I only have the default Windows 10 Defender anti-virus which i disable for both the updater and the installer. still no luck.

Adam Wells

You sure? Something has to have removed it, and/or is continuing to block it. Windows default stuff leaves it alone, from what I've seen. No other programs AV? Spyware stuff? Odd browsers? Etc?

Can you reach our website at www.precisionmanuals.com?

Kyle Rodgers

I had the same problem with the 777.

I had to copy the Operations Center directory out of the C drive (boot drive) to another drive, run the Operations Center updater with admin rights which updated itself and downloaded all the files. I then copied it back to the C drive original location, finally managed to get it to install and update itself, but would not update the aircraft, finally fixed after I contacted PMDG, they suggested ....

1. Go to Control Panel/Internet Options, then the Advanced tab. Scroll down to the very bottom of the list of settings.

2. Ensure that Use TLS 1.2 is selected on (which was), and all the others are selected OFF.

I deselected the others, and it connected and worked for me.

Andy Marrs

1 hour ago, scandinavian13 said:

You sure? Something has to have removed it, and/or is continuing to block it. Windows default stuff leaves it alone, from what I've seen. No other programs AV? Spyware stuff? Odd browsers? Etc?

Can you reach our website at www.precisionmanuals.com?

Yeah it's odd. this is a completely fresh install of windows 10. no other software on it except for flight sim stuff. I also tried disabling windows defender and windows firewall. still no luck. 

Adam Wells

37 minutes ago, andym001 said:

I had the same problem with the 777.

I had to copy the Operations Center directory out of the C drive (boot drive) to another drive, run the Operations Center updater with admin rights which updated itself and downloaded all the files. I then copied it back to the C drive original location, finally managed to get it to install and update itself, but would not update the aircraft, finally fixed after I contacted PMDG, they suggested ....

1. Go to Control Panel/Internet Options, then the Advanced tab. Scroll down to the very bottom of the list of settings.

2. Ensure that Use TLS 1.2 is selected on (which was), and all the others are selected OFF.

I deselected the others, and it connected and worked for me.

Andy Marrs

Tried this too, still no luck. I'm baffled. 

Have tried all of the above on my three P3Dv4 products with no luck.

Only three files in program files as per OP.

Tried running OC and it times out after a few seconds.

AV off and have made fresh downloads of my software to ensure it's up to date.

Used OC in earlier versions and never had a problem.

Mark Lindley.

I think there are three now with the same problem, yet no one answered Kyle's question,  "can you reach the PMDG website?"

Either an AV program is removing the OC, or something is blocking its communications.  There are not many other possibilities, at least in consideration of the total number working without problem.

Dan Downs KCRP

1 hour ago, downscc said:

I think there are three now with the same problem, yet no one answered Kyle's question,  "can you reach the PMDG website?"

Either an AV program is removing the OC, or something is blocking its communications.  There are not many other possibilities, at least in consideration of the total number working without problem.

Yes, I can reach the website just fine. I re-downloaded the setup file today just to make sure that I have the most up to date installer.

Things I've tried:
Right click, run as administrator
Disabled Microsoft Windows Defender Antivirus
Disabled Windows Firewall
Disabled all but TLS 1.2 in Internet Options (suggested by forum post)
Disabled my router firewall
Moved the Operations Center folder out of Programs (x86) to Desktop and ran as Administrator from there. 
Uninstalled and reinstalled the Aircraft using the latest installer. 

Still no Operations Center. I get the Connecting to server splash screen on the updater but the progress bar never fills and the screen disappears after about a second.

Thanks for helping to troubleshoot!

Adam Wells

38 minutes ago, allisnotwells said:

Yes, I can reach the website just fine. I re-downloaded the setup file today just to make sure that I have the most up to date installer.

Things I've tried:
Right click, run as administrator
Disabled Microsoft Windows Defender Antivirus
Disabled Windows Firewall
Disabled all but TLS 1.2 in Internet Options (suggested by forum post)
Disabled my router firewall
Moved the Operations Center folder out of Programs (x86) to Desktop and ran as Administrator from there. 
Uninstalled and reinstalled the Aircraft using the latest installer. 

Still no Operations Center. I get the Connecting to server splash screen on the updater but the progress bar never fills and the screen disappears after about a second.

Thanks for helping to troubleshoot!

Adam Wells

This is exactly what I had and did, it only worked after I copied the Op folder to another drive, away from the boot drive, and run the updater.

Andy Marrs

1 minute ago, andym001 said:

This is exactly what I had and did, it only worked after I copied the Op folder to another drive, away from the boot drive, and run the updater.

Andy Marrs

If it only worked on a complete separate drive, then your permissions for the C drive must be screwed up

20 minutes ago, andym001 said:

Andy Marrs

Tried that too, still no luck.

Adam Wells 

I just upgraded to P3D v4 and installing my airplanes and not seeing the op center in the programs menu as well. I did disable my windows defender and firewall but still no luck. Is there something I am missing?

George Lee

Asus Maximus Hero IX Motherboard, Intel i7 6700K CPU, Geforce GTX 1080, Corsair 16Gb memory, Corsair case, Corsair PSU

4 minutes ago, Best said:

I just upgraded to P3D v4 and installing my airplanes and not seeing the op center in the programs menu as well. I did disable my windows defender and firewall but still no luck. Is there something I am missing?

Did you try finding it in the C drive program files?