Sign in to follow this  
Stefan01

P3D V4 B777 FO does not set Autobrake to RTO

Hi all,
after push back and engine start I ask the FO to set flaps. After this "Before Taxi Flow" is running and then we do the "Before Taxi Checklist" When I remember rigth in the previous version the FO was setting the autobrake to RTO. Now he says "Autobrake RTO" but does not set the autobrake to RTO.
Does any body knows what to do?
Thanks a lot Stefan Liebe

regards
Stefan Liebe

P3D V4 4.0.28.21686 was installed. This should include Hotfix 1, but I updated only the client not the content and not the scenery because I don't think that this is important.
Everything else works perfect with the FO.
As next step I will install also the content hotfix and report when it is still not working.
regards Stefan

regards
Stefan Liebe

Befor I update the content I tried the autobrake function giving commands to set the autobrake. When FO understood my command he was able to set the autobrake. He also can set the autobrake before descend. When i load a the PMDG panel state 777 SHORT the autobrake is set to OFF and the FO is not setting the brake to RTO. When I load the PMDG panel state 777 Default the engines are already running; if I go to Before Taxi Checklist and  and call Before Taxi Checklist the FO switches the autobrake to RTO. Up to now I was unable to find out what the difference is.

regards Stefan

regards
Stefan Liebe

Knowing that when I start with the panel state 777 DEFAULT  and go directly to the BEFORE TAXI CHECKLIST the  FO can set the autobrake to RTO I thought something is wrong with panel state 777 SHORT.
So I made my own panel state "SHORT" starting with the state 777 DEFAULT, starting the APU, switching off both engines and setting hydraulic and fuel switches as necessary. When I start than form Preflight Checklist the FO is also not able to switch to RTO when I call BEFORE TAXI CHECKLIST. I think with this test it is clear that this is not caused by the panel state.

regards Stefan

regards
Stefan Liebe

I compared the files but could not find something explaining the difference. When I start with the default panel state: 777 DEFAULT both engines are running. If I select then the BEFORE TAXI Checklist FO is able to set RTO. If I restart again with 777 DEFAULT, start the APU and switch of the engines, restart the engines and select BEFORE TAXI Checklist he is unable to set RTO.
The last flight I started with panel state 777 Short.  During push back, engines where started  and flaps set. The push back  took very long and after push back and releasing tow truck I called the BEFORE TAXI checklist. In this case the FO set the autobrake to RTO. In all the other cases the time between setting flaps and  the command BEFORE TAXI checklist was much shorter. I have no idea if this has something to do with the FO and his ability to set the autobrake.
I will observe and report if I find something.

regards
Stefan Liebe

When cfg is set to "777 Checklist Electronic" FO is setting autobrake to RTO when "Before Taxi Cheklist" is called. Everything else is also ok.

In cases when cfg is set to "777 Checklist Paper" FO is not setting the autobrake to RTO. He also sets the the Captains Inboard Display to FCTL and does not set it back to NAV before taxi. (this is done wiht checklist electonic)
In both cases the panel state was 777 SHORT.

regards
Stefan Liebe

If you want to skip the pre-flight procedure, and use the paper checklist, you'll need to set RTO manually in this case.

In a future update, we'll add the FO backup for the autobrake to the paper checklist version.  But that's just a backup.

It's expected that if you skip major flows, you'll do the skipped items manually.

We'll check out the NAV switch, too.

Has this issue been resolved yet? This makes me curious as to whether or not fs2crew 777 will work with the default panel state set to SHORT? Because that's more realistic in the real world and that's what I use. Most planes start of at the gate with a short turn-around state and not from a C&D one.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU