Sign in to follow this  
A32xx

The first payware add-on for FSW is available now!

The first payware add-on for FSW is available now: FS-Flightcontrol gives you control over every aspect of your flight and includes a moving map too, visit the homepage here: https://www.fs-flightcontrol.com/en/

FS-Flightcontrol also works with FSX, FSX:SE, X-Plane and that submarine simulator I mean P3D, so it's got to be great value... You can select which sim you want to use it with on launch, it then loads the scenery.cfg for that sim on first run:

y4mnfVxd9x4SV7xq9QCE4i8ZjtGRFN13f-Tz8yI8

Then specify your start location and any other factors you require:

y4mwMzTSMnS9bi-gwa2fyB-_rQJ0h3ir19kVc21u

There's a free 14-day trial, it's a 58mb download which took about 20 seconds on my PC, give it a try!

Hi,

I am a beta tester of FS-FlightControl and use it for Prepar3d4, FSW, and XP11, in a networked configuration, Couldn't survive without FS-FlightControl.

BTW, FS-FlightControl is NOT alone. SPAD.neXt

http://www.spadnext.com/home.html

is also FSW-enabled. It is very useful for driving all Saitek gear (and more), and I am using it in a networked configuration for the simulators named above as well.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

LOL! Thanks for that chaps! FS-Flightcontrol is the first add-on I've seen which is not just FSW-compatible, but specifically looks for and installs into the FSW directories. If anyone out there knows of others, please let us know...

14 hours ago, A32xx said:

LOL! Thanks for that chaps! FS-Flightcontrol is the first add-on I've seen which is not just FSW-compatible, but specifically looks for and installs into the FSW directories. If anyone out there knows of others, please let us know...

PILOTS´ FS GLOBAL ULTIMATE is compatible too, since the end of may I guess. 

MAY 29th 2017:
New installer for Dovetail FSW and Prepar3D V4 released at no cost via the installer update feature. Just run the normal setup from the DVD and let it update itself when asked.

https://www.pilots.shop/Cms/Ui/Pages/Products/MainPage.aspx?id=0f9d3315-673a-4a4f-80a8-00a38b9d2c71

At 49 Euros it's not cheap, but to be fair it does a lot of things, and is cross-platform, so I am checking out the trial version and probably will end up buying it.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

4 hours ago, Chock said:

At 49 Euros it's not cheap, but to be fair it does a lot of things, and is cross-platform, so I am checking out the trial version and probably will end up buying it.

More like 79.00 Euros mate! I have it installed in P3Dv4 and it is awesome. I'm wondering if I can simply point FWS to the new scenery files instead of duplicating those massive files... :biggrin:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

4 hours ago, n4gix said:

More like 79.00 Euros mate! I have it installed in P3Dv4 and it is awesome. I'm wondering if I can simply point FWS to the new scenery files instead of duplicating those massive files... :biggrin:

I am not sure if Alan referred to FS-FligthControl or Pilot's Next Gen Mesh.

Anyway, I have the DVD version of Pilot's Next Gen Mesh. When you open the installer it provides the option to download and run an updated one which includes FSW. In one of the next windows you can choose to reinstall all the files or just use the ones already installed and make entries in the scenery library. The latter is a matter of a couple of seconds.

For FS-FlightControl, you have to define a new sim (FSW) in the SETTINGS tab and set the proper paths. Next you generate the database and finally have to activate FSW and that's it. You can switch between sims (Prepar3d, FSW, XP) simply by acticating one or another.

Hope this helps. Kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

19 hours ago, pmb said:

Anyway, I have the DVD version of Pilot's Next Gen Mesh. When you open the installer it provides the option to download and run an updated one which includes FSW. In one of the next windows you can choose to reinstall all the files or just use the ones already installed and make entries in the scenery library. The latter is a matter of a couple of seconds.

Hope this helps. Kind regards, Michael

Yes, it helps a lot. Thanks Michael. When I installed it last week I did select the 'updated' installer, but failed to notice the option for FSW, as that wasn't my focus at the time and I was doing a bunch of other stuff while the DVD disks churned away installing stuff.

I'll pull out the #1 disk and run the installer again in that case. I may as well do it again for FSX:SE at the same time. :tongue:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Does FS-FligthControl work with FSW on a network PC? I don´t have any simconnect client.

I would like to run FS-FligthControl on my tablet and i know it would work with X-Plane, but i´m not sure with FSW.

I will try the demo but it would be interesting to read experiences with FSW.

14 minutes ago, jt8d9a said:

Does FS-FligthControl work with FSW on a network PC? I don´t have any simconnect client.

Yes, running on my laptop with FSW on the main machine. FSW comes with a Simconnect dll, but you have to create a configuration simconnect.xml file to make it work. I think FS-Flight-Control has a tool for creating it (which I didn't use as I already made one myself).

Kind regards, Michael

Many thanks, Michael!

Not to deter add-on companies and I'm happy to see add-ons for FSW come out, but a word of warning to the paying public... These add-ons work because they rely on (for the most part) legacy FSX code which is still present.

"Based on Microsoft technology" may offer many add-on's an easy integration to FSW with some or no changes required but there is no garentee it will stay that way. At some point Dovetail may pull the rug from under there feet and well you know the rest...

If Dovetail are not currently engaged with a 3PD then how do you know it will work in the final release until the SDK is out, em you don't.

• Upvote 1

With you on that one dtrjones. I have bought dzrewiecki's NYC X complete with FSW installer but look at Orbx and Aerofly 2. AF2 gets updated and problems appear with Innsbruck and Chicago Miegs until fix code given to Orbx by Aerosoft. Hopefully my NYC will not have problems.