Sign in to follow this  
bloxboy

Help with installing extra MS Voices.

Hi Dave and fellow P2A users, I am on the last few days of the trial and will definitely buy when it runs out. I am hoping to add a few more MS voices to give a bit more variety, and I know that Dave said in a post you can download extra language and speech packs, which I have done from within the Windows 10 settings page. So at the moment Windows is showing that I have 8 voices installed, all showing them as "Mobile", which I know are not compatible with P2A, but "David,Hazel & Zira", show up in P2A voices as desktop voices, and they are "Mobile" voices according to MS settings, so I am a little confused. So how do I get more MS voices that will show up as desktop voices for P2A ?. I do intend to get some 3rd party voices at a later stage. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

John.  

David, Hazel and Zira are all Desktop voices also, so what you see in the dropdown are the desktop versions of the voices.  Helena comes with the Spanish-Espana pack...Spain.  Not in any of the other Spanish language packs.

Here's a brief tutorial on how to do it:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rc1r8m2t1qgrjup/WindowsSpeechVoiceInstallations.docx?dl=0

Hi Dave, Thanks for the info, and the tutorial, but that's is what I have doing, adding extra language  and speech packs, i.e, English Welsh, English Irish & Australian, but only getting the mobile versions of these voices. Is there a way to find out if a speech pack contains a desktop voice, apart from the Spanish voice.

Thanks,

John. 

The only list I've found is one that lists the language packs and says they have voices with them.  I don't know if they are all Desktop voices.  I tried the Danish one and while it downloaded some voices, I believe they were all Mobile.

Here's a link to that site:

http://support.voiceelements.com/index.php?title=Using_Text_To_Speech_Voices_available_with_Microsoft_Speech_Platform

O.K, thanks Dave for your help. I will try some more language packs to see if there are any desktop voices in them and if there is I will report via the forum.

Thanks,

John.