Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tophatter

Is there a trick to getting the Mixture joystick axis assignment to work?

Guest jeff_hanna

I can map the Mixture control (not engine # mixture, just mixture) to a slider on my X52 setup. The configuration screen in FS9 accepts the assignment when I move the slider and shows that the assignment has been made. Yet, when I fly the mixture control on the cockpit panel does not react when I move the slider on the X52. The trim, throttle, aileron, rudder, and elevator inputs all work so I know the X52 is being recognized and utilized.I have all of the Realism sliders maxed (except for torque and p-factor I feel those two are over modeled based on my real-world flying experience). I have "auto mixture" unchecked. I can't seem to find anything else in the settings that might be overriding my mixture choice.I've only tried with the default C172. Is there a known problem with axis controlled mixture on the default airplanes? Maybe I'll download a few FS2K4 planes from here and try them.Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I use an Saitek X45, with the mixture mapped to 4-way switch on the throttle. Prop control is also on this switch. It works for all planes that use it, that I can think of.As to torque and P-factor, a lot has to do with having rudder pedals or not. With pedals, full realism works best for me. With a twist grip or rocker switch, it seems twitchy.Some 3rd party airplane designers specify realism settings, which can vary.L.Adamson

Find the axis for your mixture control in the [JOYSTICK_MAIN] sectionof FS9.CFG. Make sure it says something like AXIS_SCALE_00=127.I Had to do this with CH Throttle quadrant to get some of the axis (axises?)recognized.

Thought I'd help out here a little:Correct spelling is "AXES" (plural) and "AXIS" singular. Good dictionary helps a lot.No criticism intended, just being helpful.

Guest Tophatter

After assigning the axis go to controls/sensitivities and adjust the sensitivity for that axis.Bud

Guest jeff_hanna

I had thought about using a repeating-press button assignment. I'd rather use the slider, though. If I can't get the slider to work the repeating buttons will be my fallback. Thanks for the help.

Guest jeff_hanna

>After assigning the axis go to controls/sensitivities and>adjust the sensitivity for that axis.That did it! The sensitivity for that slider was set to 0. Thank you, Bud!