Sign in to follow this  
gypsyczar

AP Climb/Glide wheel control assignment

Is there a control assignment to map the Climb/glide wheel in P3D.  Could not find this in the docs.  I tried the P3D AP pitch rate up/down with no joy.

Is there a chance that PMDG could provide a more comprehensive list of DC6 assignments than what is provided in the Introduction doc?

Parker Freeman - KTPA
i7 8700k@4.8, Asus Maximus X, Nvidia 1080TI, Win 10 , Saitek X65

Sorry Parker, there is not a longer list of keycommands.  There are no custom key commands as in the Boeings, and there are a few things like a 1950's Sperry A/P that don't fit the default key command list.  The developers need to create a new UI to handle this, which is something I hope to see in version 1.1 if and when that happens.  By the way, this is in their bug tracking system already.

Dan Downs KCRP

AP pitch rate would be a perfect way for them to assign this, I hope they do. It would be nice to be able to adjust the wheel without having to look down all the time. 

Noah Bryant

Hi guys,

I assigned AP pitch ref (down) and AP pitch ref (up) to a toggle switch on my TQ, and even though it does not visually move the glide wheel, the airplane responds to up/down inputs. We'll look at linking these inputs to the glide wheel animation.

• Upvote 1

Cheers,

Henning

dc6_devteam_banner.jpg

oh wow - thanks Henning! Will try it now as I am about to depart SEA. 

Noah Bryant

I agree... that will be very useful. Thanks Henning.

Dan Downs KCRP