Sign in to follow this  
StefanH75

GNS430 issue with Carenado B200 for XP11

I'm getting a weird issue when I use the GNS430 with the Carenado B200 for XP11. Once i have engaged the battery and avionics switch in order to setup the flight plan, all the switches of the aircraft won't work anymore. If it is not a bug, but  a user error, I'd be glad if someone could point out what went wrong. If I use the default GNS430 everything works fine.

Logfile

Ini-file

Find my free liveries for REPped aircraft models on:

banner_c210_1.png

The GNS is only 'reading' either the 'batteries' or the 'avionics' datarefs, depending on your 'power mode' in your GNS settings panel. I suspect this is an issue with either the aircraft, or the aircraft and another plugin.

You might want to compare in selecting "always on" power mode, in order to cross-check. This in turn makes the GNS skip reading any power related dataref.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

11 hours ago, RXP said:

The GNS is only 'reading' either the 'batteries' or the 'avionics' datarefs, depending on your 'power mode' in your GNS settings panel. I suspect this is an issue with either the aircraft, or the aircraft and another plugin.

You might want to compare in selecting "always on" power mode, in order to cross-check. This in turn makes the GNS skip reading any power related dataref.

"Always on" power mode made no difference unfortunately. I removed temporarily all plugins, also with no effect. So I suspect like you an issue with the aircraft. Might be some incompatibility. I will crosspost at the Carenado support forum. Maybe Dan or someone else has an idea.

Logfile

banner_c210_1.png

I have a response from the Carenado XP developer. Their intention is to have compatibility with RXP addons, so they will look into this issue.

• Upvote 1

banner_c210_1.png

On July 25, 2017 at 7:23 AM, StefanH75 said:

Their intention is to have compatibility with RXP addons,

We have good contacts with Carenado. They are doing very nice aircraft, and I'm sure we'll find a solution to this.

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

any update from either carenado or rxp on this yet? most of the carenado aircraft  i own have this problem.

cheers

Thank you for popping this thread up, this reminds me to check again where this is at!

Hi, I'm getting back with some suggestions about this:

1. Try running the plane with SASL disabled.  See if SASL interferes with the plugin at all, or causes there to be settings that aren't favourable for the GNS device to run properly.
  2. Download and install the Dataref Editor or the Dataref Tool, and confirm that the batteries and avionics power datarefs are actually in the position they need to be in, in order to allow the GNS to run.
  3. Another log.txt file would be helpful.

On 6.10.2017 at 2:21 AM, RXP said:

Hi, I'm getting back with some suggestions about this:

1. Try running the plane with SASL disabled.  See if SASL interferes with the plugin at all, or causes there to be settings that aren't favourable for the GNS device to run properly.
  2. Download and install the Dataref Editor or the Dataref Tool, and confirm that the batteries and avionics power datarefs are actually in the position they need to be in, in order to allow the GNS to run.
  3. Another log.txt file would be helpful.

I'm ot sure if I got you right. Basically there is no issue with the RXP GNS function. It is initializing well and working. But it causes the B200 (XP11 version with encrypted SASL) switches not to work anymore. I did what you suggested and the datarefs for the battery and avionics are ok. I think once the GNS is initialized it causes a crash of SASL. Attached is my latest logfile. I started with the B200 without the RXP GNS. Then I switched the RXP GNS on with the plugins menu. The switches have stopped working. Then I reloaded the B200 with the developers menu. SASL still didn't work, I've seen the virtual pilots in with the cockpit view and the switches didn't work neither. Then I changed the plane to Carenados Aero Commander (XP11 version which has non-encrypted SASL) and the RXP GNS worked well. Changing back to the B200 and switching on the RXP GNS led to a crash of SASL. Maybe not a crash but a infinite loop or so, because of this error I guess:

[SASL INFO] loading    GPS_hdef_dots_copilot
[SASL ERROR] can't load component    GPS_hdef_dots_copilot
[SASL ERROR] Error updating avionics: [string "s/Animations.sec"]:0: attempt to perform arithmetic on a nil value

Logfile

I hope you can find the culprit.

banner_c210_1.png

I'm not sure about this one but AFAIK you have to make sure you use the most recent SASL version. I'm not sure what has got installed on your computer and I'm honestly not fluent with SASL but you might want to try out the latest from their website?

http://www.1-sim.com

Our plugin doesn't interfere with this, it merely 'reads' the X-Plane datarefs, and only writes to its own published datarefs (RXP's). So I'd guess this is either SASL failing for either a pure X-Plane issue with the datarefs when other plugins publish their own?!? or maybe a 'protection' in SASL which doesn't like our own plugin DLL protection.

Otherwise, we're in contact with Carenado and I'll make sure we work this out. Please allow us some time though as we are both overbooked right now with many projects. 

I am sorry to say. the Xplane 11 B200 GNS 430 mod doesn't work. It disable button clicks in the aircraft. In fact, using any of the RXP GNS or GTN as a popup does the same. It flags an SASL Error :

[SASL INFO] loading    GPS_hdef_dots_copilot
[SASL ERROR] can't load component    GPS_hdef_dots_copilot
[SASL ERROR] Error updating avionics: [string "s/Animations.sec"]:0: attempt to perform arithmetic on a nil value

Jean-Luc, you may want to delete the above post?

Ref: 

Hi, I'm keeping the post opened because although there is mouse handling issue right now, and we are currently working on this along the floating windows, the principles of the integration remain correct and useful for learning how-to.

The SASL error is SASL related only though. The SASL code might not be happy another plugin is actually overriding some datarefs in just using the official SDK override system, but there is nothing we can do for this (well I suspect the nature of the SASL error is this, given the message).

Hang in there, we are looking at the mouse handling and how the best to make it work correctly. It looks like it is either a bug in XP11.1 undetected during beta, or a misinterpretation of the SDK by us, and I've posted about this and more just a few minutes ago here:

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/48429-examplegauge-doesnt-call-mouseclick-callback/&page=3&tab=comments#comment-1304064

Thank you for your kind words Adrian. I've just posted an addendum in the linked thread as it appears we've been fighting XP11.1 because of a bug which didn't existed in XP11.05.

So we're close to be ready for the next update with floating windows and mouse handling issues corrected.