Sign in to follow this  
Guest baksteen33

FS2004 Crashes

Hi all.I got a problem where after 10-15 of using the sim the menu bar will disappear all of a sudden, and then when I try to unhide it the game will crash. Anyone got any idea whats doing this? I'm in windowed mode. It's happened alot of times now.

Guest JIMJAM

Ill jump in since Im here.To be honest it could be anything.What all do you have running in the background? Antivirus,firewalls ect What addons do you have? ASV,FSpassengers ect.What changes have you recently made? New drivers,addons,hardware,changes in settings?And finally, when was the last time you nuked FS9 and reloaded it from scratch?A few days ago I went to a larger HD and completly deleted FS9 and reloaded EVERTHING from scratch. I was amazed at how much crap, I mean addons I had loaded. I only loaded the ones I really,really needed. Since then all of those annoying problems and occasional crashes have stopped. Even runs better.So if you cannot pinpoint which program or possible hardware conflict is causing it, delete it and start with a fresh copy.

Guest baksteen33

Hi Erik, crash is a pretty wide term. Don't you get any error messages or alike? Perhaps give memtest86+ at least 10 passes to make sure it isn't memory related? You can get it at www.memtest.org Good luck and kind regards Jaap