Sign in to follow this  
Sterzenbach

X-Plane 11 for sale

What I mean about the abuse is that P3D v3 gave me so much problems with lag and oom so I was fed up with the abuse lol

On 07/22/2017 at 11:02 AM, Sterzenbach said:

Hi,

I bought recently a download version of X-Plane 11 directly from Laminar Research. Now i went back to Prepar3D v3. Is it legal to sell my X-Plane 11 and how is the right procedure? I have an invoice and activation code.

Bernie

This would be a question for Laminar Research. I don't think anybody here knows the answer, and we certainly can't speak for the developer.

8 minutes ago, Mountain Man said:

This would be a question for Laminar Research. I don't think anybody here knows the answer, and we certainly can't speak for the developer.

Thank you.  This would be my advice as well. Send them a support query and you will get an answer. Otherwise sell the darn thing and or suck it up. This is a weird thread.

I have XP11, it works flawlessly, I don't get stutters, there is no popping of anything, blurry anything. No tweaks out of the box perfect.

I have P3DV4, it works flawlessly, I don't get stutters, there is no popping of anything, blurry anything. No tweaks out of the box perfect.

I have a fairly robust computer, I made sure that the MB, the RAM, the video card all worked well together when I had it built. Perhaps its just your setup, have you posted your specs.

I also have P3DV3 and FSX both have OOMs, both can produce stutters, I have to tweak the hell out of them to get them to work properly. Always stuggled with them.

I suggest you have computer or setup issues or have tweaked stuff that perhaps should have been left along. There it nothing wrong with XP11 its fantastic it has a different fell and look that P3DV4 and that is good, nice to have variety.

my specs

I7-6700K  4.2GHZ overclocked
GTX 970 4GB 7GHZ GDDR5
RAM 16G DDR4 2133MHZ
ASUS Z170-A ATX LGA1151 Z170 Skylake DDR4 3PCI-E16 3PCI-E1 1PCI CrossFireX/SLI USB3.1 Motherboard

• Upvote 1

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

1 hour ago, 1st fltsimguy said:

I have XP11, it works flawlessly, I don't get stutters, there is no popping of anything, blurry anything. No tweaks out of the box perfect.

I have P3DV4, it works flawlessly, I don't get stutters, there is no popping of anything, blurry anything. No tweaks out of the box perfect.

Funny thing. Me too. tell Colonel X that.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, 1st fltsimguy said:

Thank you.  This would be my advice as well. Send them a support query and you will get an answer. Otherwise sell the darn thing and or suck it up. This is a weird thread.

I have a fairly robust computer, I made sure that the MB, the RAM, the video card all worked well together when I had it built. Perhaps its just your setup, have you posted your specs.

I also have P3DV3 and FSX both have OOMs, both can produce stutters, I have to tweak the hell out of them to get them to work properly. Always stuggled with them.

I suggest you have computer or setup issues or have tweaked stuff that perhaps should have been left along. There it nothing wrong with XP11 its fantastic it has a different fell and look that P3DV4 and that is good, nice to have variety.

my specs

I7-6700K  4.2GHZ overclocked
GTX 970 4GB 7GHZ GDDR5
RAM 16G DDR4 2133MHZ
ASUS Z170-A ATX LGA1151 Z170 Skylake DDR4 3PCI-E16 3PCI-E1 1PCI CrossFireX/SLI USB3.1 Motherboard

Well said man. I agree if you are serious about flight simulators  then make sure you have a good rig with a lots of ram.

• Upvote 1

On 7/22/2017 at 11:02 AM, Sterzenbach said:

Hi,

I bought recently a download version of X-Plane 11 directly from Laminar Research. Now i went back to Prepar3D v3. Is it legal to sell my X-Plane 11 and how is the right procedure? I have an invoice and activation code.

Bernie

If you have the DVDs, you could easily resell.  For digital download, the license ties to you, so you are out of luck.  Why sell now anyway? typical XP version runs for 5 years, who knows, in 4-5 years you will be glad you did

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

6 hours ago, Anxu00 said:

If you have the DVDs, you could easily resell.  For digital download, the license ties to you, so you are out of luck.  Why sell now anyway? typical XP version runs for 5 years, who knows, in 4-5 years you will be glad you did

Thank you, good information.

Bernie

No, you can't resell your digital download, the EULA as indicated in the first page does not permit it.

Topic Closed