Sign in to follow this  
Sterzenbach

X-Plane 11 for sale

Hi,

I bought recently a download version of X-Plane 11 directly from Laminar Research. Now i went back to Prepar3D v3. Is it legal to sell my X-Plane 11 and how is the right procedure? I have an invoice and activation code.

Bernie

28 minutes ago, Sterzenbach said:

Hi,

I bought recently a download version of X-Plane 11 directly from Laminar Research. Now i went back to Prepar3D v3. Is it legal to sell my X-Plane 11 and how is the right procedure? I have an invoice and activation code.

Bernie

It's illegal to go back to P3D. So you're already in trouble.

• Upvote 8

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

LOLZ 

😂 

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I think a lot of folks don't realize that when the "buy" software they are just buying a license to use it, they do not own it and therefore can't "resell" it to someone else.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

3 hours ago, Sterzenbach said:

Hi,

Bernie

21 minutes ago, 1st fltsimguy said:

I think a lot of folks don't realize that when the "buy" software they are just buying a license to use it, they do not own it and therefore can't "resell" it to someone else.

The (very short) EULA of X-Plane 11 is this:

"You agree to use X-Plane for non-commercial purposes only. (See X-Plane.com/pro/ for information on professional licenses.)
You agree to not make copies of X-Plane.
You agree to not distribute the artwork from X-Plane, or any derivative thereof, without permission from Laminar Research."

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I suppose that if he uninstalls permanently X-Plane from his PC, and sells the activation code to another person, there isn't any breaching of the EULA.

• Upvote 2

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

I think you need to hang on to it...at least for posterity sake and more importantly when XP is the only sim left standing.

• Upvote 2

i5-6600K 3.5Ghz OC to 4.5GHz|CorsairH60 Liq Cooler|GA-Z170X-Gaming 7|GTX 1070|G.Skill Trident DDR4-3200 32GB|950 PRO M.2 250GB|850 EVO 500GB|2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD|FractalDesign R4|Corsair RMx 750W|Win10 64bit Home|MSFS2020

I love the smell of Jet-A in the morning!

Robert Pressley a.k.a. SmokeDiddy

13 hours ago, SmokeDiddy said:

..more importantly when XP is the only sim left standing.

By then the world has ended, or man can fly without the use of aid

-Roland

Bernie, i'd be glad to sell my XP 11, too.... Bought all versions since v5, always assuming that the next one would finally be what i had expected. Now it was the last one. Definitely. Thank god P3D got what it is now. 

Fritz

22 minutes ago, Pegaso said:

Bernie, i'd be glad to sell my XP 11, too.... Bought all versions since v5, always assuming that the next one would finally be what i had expected. Now it was the last one. Definitely. Thank god P3D got what it is now.

Good for you. Unfortunately blurries and terrain popping are absolute immersion killers for me (not to talk about the depiction of scenery at night).

Since the number of X-Plane 11 users is constantly growing (in absolute value AND relative to other sims), I'm sure you won't have any difficulties selling it! :cool:

• Upvote 6

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Just curious why you want to sell it ?

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Why would he want to go back to P3d version 3 when version 4 is out and it is 64bit. I guess he like the abuse. LOL

2 hours ago, HumptyDumpty said:

Many reasons: Scenery, multi monitor not as easy in P3D, clouds, no Force Feedback, visibility representation, contrast of picture, I have a lot of airplanes, scenery and so on bought for P3D, etc.

pls excuse my bad english, my native language is german.

Bernie

2 hours ago, HumptyDumpty said:

Many reasons: Scenery, multi monitor not as easy in P3D, clouds, no Force Feedback, visibility representation, contrast of picture, I have a lot of airplanes, scenery and so on bought for P3D, etc.

pls excuse my bad english, my native language is german.

Bernie

Just for information: the X-Plane.org forum banned me, I think for the same question about selling above. Maybe they have problems with contentness.

Bernie

2 hours ago, michelh said:

Why would he want to go back to P3d version 3 when version 4 is out and it is 64bit. I guess he like the abuse. LOL

First I bought the new prepar3d v4. The improvement was not as expected against P3d v3. I got my money back. I will buy it again when more compatible planes and accessories are available. What bdo you mean with "abuse"? LOL

Bernie

I know, your English is better, your German also?

Just now, Sterzenbach said:

Just for information: the X-Plane.org forum banned me, I think for the same question about selling above. Maybe they have problems with contentness.

Bernie