Sign in to follow this  
AIRHOG

Grass on the Runway @ Sochi

Well, I finally got a new computer that can run FSX wide open with the PMDG 737's installed and it's truly a wonderful experience. So I started adding a few scenery files to FSX and ran across the 54530-URSS-Sochi-FSX-Reload-V1.1 scenery and thought I'd give it a try. For me, it was a little tricky as I'm not too familiar with loading files and adding to the scenery in FSX, but I did get it to work, but as I have learned, there is always a glitch somewhere. lol Grass on the runways...and ghost runways (the ghost runways actually look kind of cool, like reminiscence of an abandoned airfield) just offset from the actives. Other than that, everything loads great and looks good, but is there a fix for the grass and old runways?

Check for other AFCAD's for the airport.  A good folder to check is MyTraffic\Scenery if you have MyTrafficX installed.  You can also place the scenery at the top of the scenery library.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

6 hours ago, Jim Young said:

Check for other AFCAD's for the airport.  A good folder to check is MyTraffic\Scenery if you have MyTrafficX installed.  You can also place the scenery at the top of the scenery library.

Ill look into that, Jim, thanks! I do seem to remember the stacking of scenery. Prior to adding the scenery for Sochi, I had landed there and there was no grass, just plane Jane FSX scapes so I was leaning toward the grass being part of the Sochi updated scenery, but I couldn't think of why the developer would have put it there, unless he/she wanted the overgrown look. lol

22 hours ago, Jim Young said:

You can also place the scenery at the top of the scenery library.

Stacking the scenery is what fixed it, Jim. I had looked at the scenery library prior to your advice, but it didn't show the Sochi folder listed, but rather the "Addon Scenery" folder so I was hesitant about moving the Addon folder to the top. After your advice I just went ahead and did it. Thanks again!

• Upvote 1