Sign in to follow this  
MadBilo

EGSS Arrival RWY 22

What am I doing wrong? I am trying to program an arrival into London Stansted airport (EGSS) and these are the charts I am using to get myself safely on the ground.XcPCOfyKTCSgmMe7VzgVmQ.pngkvBi86aMTBG-0lpnTFqZKQ.png

I am using the PMDG 737 NGX, I highly doubt its cause of the plane itself. So, in the fmc I set it up as ILS 22 - ABBOT 1C ARRIVAL VIA ABBOT as shown on the image. 

C1yeTiasRberMAF4Rrh7iw.png

After I exec it gives me a very weird planning into the ND which looks like this,

ZtruBXAXR6Sl8Rmj7svzMA.png

Until ABBOT its right, everything is normal, the hold is correct etc. However, after ABBOT it makes me go to BKY VOR and makes me turn to CI22 after 17 NM away from BKY as shown on the ND

bcpsCVIkQsSaNHEtxdLN0A.png

It looks different to the chart I don't know what I am doing wrong but I am pretty sure the ND planned arrival is not the same as the one on the charts. My AIRAC is the latest, 1708. Charts are the latest too. I have a suspicion it might be the AIRAC that's broken so I reinstalled it but still the same unfortunately. Thank you in advance. Sorry for too many images, I thought it can make my explanation much more cleared as well easier for you to understand, thank you advance.

Necmi Osman

What you see is correct.  If you read the arrival chart closely you will see the note that ABBOT is the clearance limit.  This means it is going to be vectors after ABBOT.  Lacking any ATC, which is the way I fly, I would hold heading after ABBOT and simply intercept the locaizer and fly inbound for the approach.

Dan Downs KCRP

Please, post an image of the legs page where ABBOT is on the top. Somewhere in the forum or manual is mentioned that the FMS has known issues of generating a correct bend or self-calculated wps. It could be a bug, but also the limited capability of programming a FMS in a 32bit environment.

Read carefully the routing instructions in the bottom right of the initial approach plate. It gives you 3 descent instructions and instructs you to turn left to intercept the LOC or ILS, so as Dan correctly points out, you simply fly from the hold, and intercept final.

David Porrett