Sign in to follow this  
Guest phil

Anyone have Perfect Flight Beech Baron?

I see that Perfect Flight has a Beech Baron with several liveries, and it looks pretty good. I'm wondering how it compares to the Dreamfleet Baron. I have the DF Baron and the frames really suffer with it in many situations. I have the Lite Version, and I was going to upgrade to the other with the Reality Gauges. However, I'm now thinking about checking out this PF version. I love flying this particular plane, and I'm in search of the "Holy Grail" of Beech Barons.If you have the plane, please let us know how you like it, and how it performs.

From looking at the pics, I'm not impressed with the graphics at all. The prop arcs look very dated, like something from FS4. But maybe that makes it very frame rate friendly! :D Since flight simming is a total illusion for me; which includes graphics as well as flight modeling, I'll skip this one.As to the DF Baron and my slow computer (Athlon 1900XP/Geforce3Ti500), even the Reality XP gauges work fine, as long as I'm flying in areas of mountain mesh scenery, which I usually do.L.Adamson

Yeah when I clicked on the link and saw the screenshots I couldn't believe they were trying to market this thing as payware.

perfect flight and holy grail in the same sentence???

Guest jennifer

I gather that the general opinion of Perfect Flight products is that they are far from perfect? I don't own any so can't speak from experience but it appears that their products are not highly rated by the more discerning flightsimer such as the members on these forums. I suspect that PF sell a lot of their products to the 'casual simmer'.

Don't even bother with Perfect Flight.. there have been numerous stories about the bad products.I was looking at the Baron page.. isn't it just the default Baron with a new panel taken from a real photo?Edit: I don't think it is actually the default but its certainly heavily based off it (they've reused many of the default textures). The panel image looks pixelated and a low quality.

Thanks for all the advice. I will heed it! I heard there was a link that allowed users of the DF Baron Lite to UPGRADE for a few dollars. Do any of you know where that link is? I can't seem to locate it. I've heard the PRO Version of the DF Baron is better on frames than the Lite version. Thanks

Guest CowlFlapsOpen

Aeroworx is creating a Baron and if their B200 is any indication (and the general reputation of this group)I would say this will be the holy grail of Barons. Trouble is, they have been working on it for a LONG time and there hasn't been any hint of a release date yet. It seems clear, though, that it not within the next few months, maybe even longer. The coming release of FSX may complicate things. Hope I'm wrong and we here news tomorrow.

The Aeroworx Baron is a pre 1984 model. Thus the panel will be the older Baron version, carried over from the original B55. The panel that appears in the current production models is the one you will find in the DreamFleet version. Thus the two products will complement one another. Photos of the Baron that Aeroworx is basing their product on can be found on their website.Michael VerlinHistoric Jetliners Group

Yes, I have to agree, Stay away from the Perfect Flight model. I have mentioned before elsewhere that they seem to rapidly put together their products. Did you ever wonder how they release so many more AC in the time it takes a developer to produce one? Not to mention, some of them complex. I am not flaming them, I just disagree with the way they produce the end product. If they would only take the time needed to research, photograph, and develop like the other big players in the payware league, I think they can do very well for themselves. Their advertising looks well done, but the product doesn't live up to the advertisment IMHO. It's ashame they "cookie cut" the products just to get them out the door as fast as they can. As soon as I see the title "Fly The_________" I run the other way. Dreamfleet and Aeroworx are among the true leaders in the field. I own the B58 RXP version from Dreamfleet and will certainly purchase the Aeroworx version when it becomes available. I hope I didn't offend anyone with my reply here. Have a great night everyone.Best regards, Jeff

Phil,That link takes you to 2 servers, but they don't seem to work! When you click on either server, it doesn't take you anywhere. I've been trying to upgrade this Baron for a long time now....no luck.

a more perfect name for the company would be "Imperfect Flight".