Sign in to follow this  
GAJ52

Is the JS41 still being concidered for P3D ?

I know its been stated previously that the JS41 will be converted for use within the P3D platform as some stage in the future, so please don't redirect me to previous posts.  However business considerations change all the time and I understand priorities change within the PMDG development cycle.

My question - is the JS41 'currently' still on course for transition to the P3D platform and latterly P3Dv4.  My sole reason for keeping FSX on my hard drive is to fly the great JS41, if the JS moves over to P3D then sadly its good bye FSX.

• Upvote 1

Glen

PMDG has not given any announcements to the contrary, yet.

Dan Downs KCRP

Now that the DC-6 is out for both platofrms, that only leaves them with a couple of other things left that we know about: The 737-600/700 update for P3D4, and the 747-8 expansion

Hopefully once those are out and they're less rushed there might be some news then. At least I hope so, since although I'm not an owner of the JS41 I know it would make a lot of people happy to have it in a 64 bit version.

Mark Fox

I miss the J41 - that is all.

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

Gents,

We need to conduct an in depth engineering review of this product in order to determine if it is feasible to update it for compatiblity with FSX-SE and both versions of P3D.

There are a number of road blocks that make it unlikely that it can be done without a very significant effort- but we haven't ruled it out yet.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

37 minutes ago, rsrandazzo said:

We need to conduct an in depth engineering review of this product in order to determine if it is feasible to update it for compatiblity with FSX-SE and both versions of P3D.

There are a number of road blocks that make it unlikely that it can be done without a very significant effort- but we haven't ruled it out yet.

Robert, the J41 is by far the PMDG plane that I own with the highest number of hours and would gladly pay the $70 bucks for it. It's really a shame to think I will never fly it again. It was a perfect airplane to fly when I wanted to have fun hand flying instead of button pressing. PMDG doesn't have any other planes like it which made it so special. 

Of course, if you wanted to do a B1900 redux I wouldn't be too angry ;)

Noah Bryant

Oh yes - I miss the J41 in p3dv4. Such a lovely short hauler with heart and soul. I would happily pay if you would consider it for p3dv4

11 minutes ago, AlexanderBarger said:

Oh yes - I miss the J41 in p3dv4. Such a lovely short hauler with heart and soul. I would happily pay if you would consider it for p3dv4

1 hour ago, NoahBryant said:

Robert, the J41 is by far the PMDG plane that I own with the highest number of hours and would gladly pay the $70 bucks for it. It's really a shame to think I will never fly it again. It was a perfect airplane to fly when I wanted to have fun hand flying instead of button pressing. PMDG doesn't have any other planes like it which made it so special. 

Of course, if you wanted to do a B1900 redux I wouldn't be too angry ;)

I may have missed the point of both your posts, but I don't think Robert meant if people will pay for it we'll do it. I think he meant that the age of the code means that it's not likely to happen. Look at the 737 it's a lot newer than the JS41 and that was tough for them to make compatible with P3Dv4. It's not about money, it's more likely to be about the months and months of code rewrites that would need to occur for it to happen. What I'm getting at here, don't turn this into the next MD-11 thread of I'll pay for it so do it. PMDG will do it if they feel it's reasonably possible to do it, whether you'll pay for it or not. I'm sure they'd truly love to give everyone what they want, but some things are just not reasonably possible.

• Upvote 1

Please do not get me wrong, I do not want another md-11 thread. I just wanted to express my positive feelings about this aircraft :-)

10 minutes ago, AlexanderBarger said:

Please do not get me wrong, I do not want another md-11 thread. I just wanted to express my positive feelings about this aircraft :-)

No problem, I knew I'd probably read it the wrong way just wanted to clarify before it did turn MD-11 haha

The J41 is very niche.  To this day, I'm still surprised that PMDG every did it.  

Of the two,  I'd have thought the MD-11 would have been more in the running for a remake - and also in higher demand.  I'd love to see fligthsim revenue figures by product.

2 hours ago, ErichB said:

The J41 is very niche.  To this day, I'm still surprised that PMDG every did it.  

Of the two,  I'd have thought the MD-11 would have been more in the running for a remake - and also in higher demand.  I'd love to see fligthsim revenue figures by product.

I believe the JS41 is the same as the DC-6, they were foundations for new developments and were developed to see what could be done, they were never made to sell well, they were made for the development knowledge. The JS41 founded the for the NGX, 777 and 747.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, PMDG777 said:

I believe the JS41 is the same as the DC-6, they were foundations for new developments and were developed to see what could be done, they were never made to sell well, they were made for the development knowledge. The JS41 founded the for the NGX, 777 and 747.

Now that you mention it, I do remember that being the case.   Yet, it is still being considered for a remake.