Sign in to follow this  
GAJ52

Is the JS41 still being concidered for P3D ?

11 minutes ago, ErichB said:

Yet, it is still being considered for a remake.

It's hasn't been ruled out yet. Whether or not it's actively being considered for a remake, is ... well... another thing... 

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Surprised to read that it may take significant effort to get it to run in FSX:SE.  AFAIK the only thing that doesn't work is IAS Hold, I've not noticed anything else.  Conversion to 64-bit is I'm sure more difficult but aren't there enough FSX:SE users to warrant the work?

• Upvote 1

I know that a few people won't sway PMDG, I'm only pushing for it because I have a close connection to the the largest operator of the 41. So I'm being biased. :cool:

To be honest, if they build it, I'll teach myself to fly it.  To me, it's a win win

My point was that I am not expecting it to be done for free. I have money and want to spend it on what is probably my favorite plane ever in FS. 

That being said, comparing the J41 to the MD11 isn't the same either. If I recall, the J41 was mostly a testbed for new visual effects/ methods and was never anything close to a study-level sim. It also was connected to a lot of default FSX functionality rather than the custom everything in the 7x7s.  While it would have to be re-done for 64bit, they already have a visual model in place which is part of the battle at least. 

We're at a point where PMDG hasn't announced anything major at all. Every plane has been released and whatever the next big project is it's a long way off so it may be beneficial to have smaller projects to bring at least a little extra revenue. 

Plus, it sure doesn't hurt to remind Robert that amongst all the people screaming about their Boeings, there are still those of us who appreciate the JS41 almost as much as he did. 

Noah Bryant

Hi there Noah,

Glad to see how much you like the J41. I share the same appreciation for it.

Just a tiny correction: the J41 actually has very little default FSX functionality :wink:

• Upvote 1

Cheers,

Henning

dc6_devteam_banner.jpg

Wasn't the original 41 near study sim level? (I didn't have enough time with it before moving to P3D)

8 minutes ago, Humberside said:

Wasn't the original 41 near study sim level? (I didn't have enough time with it before moving to P3D)

It had a lot of features unique to that product.  The props and turboengine modelling very realistic.  The FMS is a simplified version of a very early FMS before GPS was a thing.  The study sim categorization cannot be used because it doesn't provide for programmable failures, but when a failure occurs the results are faithful to the real thing.  Best of all, RSR flew this thing early in his career and received his personal care and attention to detail.

I truly hope it finds its way into P3D, my logbook would fill up with JS41 flights alongside my B736 BBJ and the DC-6A.

Dan Downs KCRP

I just wish to add a few words in support of the fantastic PMDG JS41:

Of all airplanes which I have flown in FSX, it has by far the most interesting and most demanding engine model (Honeywell / Garrett TPE 331). The way this bird has to be flown ("slow down, then go down"), its instrumentation, its sound... simply everything makes it a unique creation.

Michael

Michael Thesen

MSFS, HP Reverb G2, Gigabyte B760 32Gb, Samsung 970 EVO, Geforce RTX 4070-TI, Win11, i7-14700KF, Thrustmaster T16000M, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

The J41 wasn't an aircraft I expected to like at first... But I fell in love with her, hard.

So much so, that I really, really considered blowing up a perfectly fine and fully kitted out FSX:SE install and reverting back to the old boxed version, just for this single aircraft.

Really missing this nifty little thing. But I do understand that there are technical limitations that may impact the feasibility of updating this product.
So I'll just keep my fingers crossed and hope the roadblocks are small enough not to keep this from happening.

And I do hope you'll forgive me for not managing to stay silent when a topics as this one come up. :blush:

Regards,

Lars Domen, aka Tyrion

My FS projects: http://larsdomen.tumblr.com/

I really did come to love the JS41 and I can't even explain why.  That thing was a pain in the &@($* in so many ways, but it had the right character, I guess.  I miss it, since I went whole hog for P3D many year ago at this point.

-stefan strandberg

Yes they did a very nice job with the 41. I think only two companies ever faithfully stimulated the turbine engine properly. And the J41 is the only TPE ever stimulated.

Jack Colwill

Logged many an hour in this plane on FSX. Hope it finds it's way into P3D as well. Not enough regional aircraft out there.

11 hours ago, henningvr said:

Hi there Noah,

Glad to see how much you like the J41. I share the same appreciation for it.

Just a tiny correction: the J41 actually has very little default FSX functionality :wink:

My apologies Henning - I was thinking particularly about the autopilot and for some reason, I seem to recall reading that it was all default FS with the exception of IAS mode. Plus, since there were no failures (aside from blowing up the engines) it led me to believe it was a more simple plane than PMDG's usual. 

Of course, now that I think about it, the Universal FMS that was modeled was really well done too. 

Forgive me, when you go so long you tend to forget....of course now that I am remembering the plane better I am even more unhappy about the prospect of not getting it back ;)

Noah Bryant

21 hours ago, downscc said:

It had a lot of features unique to that product.  The props and turboengine modelling very realistic.  The FMS is a simplified version of a very early FMS before GPS was a thing.  The study sim categorization cannot be used because it doesn't provide for programmable failures, but when a failure occurs the results are faithful to the real thing.  Best of all, RSR flew this thing early in his career and received his personal care and attention to detail.

I truly hope it finds its way into P3D, my logbook would fill up with JS41 flights alongside my B736 BBJ and the DC-6A.

Thanks Dan for clarifying