Sign in to follow this  
GAJ52

Is the JS41 still being concidered for P3D ?

I missed out on buying the JS41 at the time of release due to my computer being rather pathetic, but this thread has made me seriously consider picking it up now - if for no other reason than to avoid a repeat of the MD-11 et al scenario where they pull it from sale and it becomes impossible to obtain.

I'm still kicking myself for not grabbing that in time. (Was a very bad year for me when that was announced, so I wasn't really thinking about simming)

Mark Fox

So it's been half a year...any news? Last I checked the JS41 was still priced at a "cheap" $5,000,000 with a little sticky of "Product is in final testing, please check back soon!"

Please,Please, Please PMDG bring back this plane! I have never begged for anything before but I have given in, I've lowered myself to beg. I'd save up the 5,000,000 but I'm having a bit of a hard time saving. This was my favorite for fsx and I know it will be my favorite for p3d. The flight simming community NEEDS this plane back! Did I say please?

ROG MAXIMUS X HERO, Intel Core i7 8700K, 32 GB's 3200 RAM, Gigabyte RTX3080,

There is still a JS41 in beta, but progress has been held up for other higher priority work.  I have the impression that PMDG was hoping that a few weeks of effort would result in the FSX product being ready for P3D but even after deciding to not mess with the old buggy FMS the job is not as easy as they planned.  Again just my opinion, but those geared turboprops are so unlike anything in the FSX or P3D generic simulation that nothing is easy.  Regardless, everyone at PMDG seems to be all in on whatever it is that they are doing.

Dan Downs KCRP

4 hours ago, downscc said:

Regardless, everyone at PMDG seems to be all in on whatever it is that they are doing.

"All in" is definitely the right term.

Spent the better part of my day rapid-fire troubleshooting stuff with another dev.

...as for what that troubleshooting was for, see signature... :ph34r:

Kyle Rodgers

It does seem that people want the JS41 more than the 747-8 or the (rumoured) NG3, probably because for many the JS41 was their first add-on for FSX and introduced them to the world of realistic simming. Trust me, when the JS41 for P3D v4 gets up, sales are going to skyrocket.

1 hour ago, Robert3512 said:

It does seem that people want the JS41 more than the 747-8 or the (rumoured) NG3 ...

Where did you get that impression?? :blink:

My current feeling (and I have not basis for that conclusion), is that while there is a demand for the JS41, it isn't higher than any of the other upcoming PMDG addons... Personally I look more forward to the -8 expansion and the coming NGXv3.

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Mainstream aircraft where you have to learn as little as possible to pretend you can manage it have always sold way better. I personally would love to get the J41 back but if I had to choose from both the PMDG J41 and the 748 I would pick the bigger one. ALTHOUGH I really miss a commuter.

The biggest reason I am meh about the new 747 and 737 projects is that they are replacing the...747 and 737...Sure it's got more features and I will buy them when they come out and enjoy them but it's not going to give me something I don't already have in terms of aircraft capabilities. 

The J41 will actually give me a whole new type of plane I don't already have. The closest I have is the Dash 8 which is a great sim as well but it still feels a bit "big" compared to the J41. Honestly, the J41 was probably my favorite all-time plane in FSX and I will have to decide when it is released if I like it more than the DC-6 which I think is my current favorite. 

My personal preference is flying around my extensive Orbx world and that doesn't lend a whole lot of options in the 747. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Noah Bryant

I would like a Saab 340B. I've got a few years in them in the RW. My former employer operated them into gravel as short as 3400'. Versatile, fun aircraft. They eventually replaced them and the HS748..(another nice machine to fly) with the ATR 42/72. I think the J41 will have a pretty good following in P3d.

The JS41 remains my all time favorite, In FSX I have hundreds of hours in it, and I miss it in P3DV4. I hope this is still ''on the table'' and being updated?

The Jetstream is the next PMDG aircraft that I would like to purchase. I really enjoy flying the 737/747/777, but I want an aircraft that can also get into smaller regional airports. In addition, the Jetstream is qualified to fly the steep approach at EGLC London City (which is not the case for even the 737-600). However, I am somewhat disappointed that the old FMS will not be included. That GNS 430 is not exactly my cup of tea, and the GTN 750 would cost me another $65.....

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

You mean "what don't I like about the GNS 430"? I appreciate that it is a real world system, but the look of it has never really appealed to me. It looks a bit "out of place" on the flight deck of an airliner, even a small one like the Jetstream. To be honest, the same could be said about the GTN 750.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I've flown the js41 since it's launch for FSX, love it, and the authenticity of the FMC,in keeping with the period. same goes for the beloved MD11.

I own the GTN750/650 which is great in a modern day GA aircraft, but would I buy the  the JS with GPS integration?.

I think not...........just my opinion.

Michael King