Sign in to follow this  
Guest tferezou

Which One 787 or A330-200

Government of my country received the letter from the leaders of the European Union with recommendation to buy Airbus 330-200 instead of Boeing 787(7E7)PLL LOT is planning to buy 6 new aircrafts but hadn

>>Government of my country received the letter from the leaders>of the European Union with recommendation to buy Airbus>330-200 instead of Boeing 787(7E7)>PLL LOT is planning to buy 6 new aircrafts but hadn

Guest Philip Olson

Based on what I know of both planes I also would go with the 787. I believe that the 787 is built with more emphasis on passenger comfort that the A330. I also think that the 787 will be more economical, I can not gaurantee that but I think that is what I remember the last time I compared the two aircraft. It is a given that the leaders of the European Union will try to get people to buy the A330 since it benefits them financialy, just as the American government would push Boeing sales. The best way to make such decisions is to look at the cold hard facts, the type of route that will be flown and the amount of passengers, fuel costs, will the route need an aircraft that is more passenger friendly or will any aircraft do, maintenance costs, etc, etc. Airbus makes a fine product but in my opinion in a direct head to head between these two aircraft I would take the 787 without a doubt, well at least with the information that I currently have.Philip OlsonI'm the luckiest man in the world, my girl friend has a yoke and rudder pedals! Eat your hearts out!http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

Being another Pole on this forum I vote for what is better for LOT. Unless Airbus wants to give A330 practically for free I would rather have them purchase 787. It is going to be a more modern airplane, more future proof ;-)Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2

Guest victorwest

I would go with the current world's leading aircraft manufacturer and buy the Airbus. :-) :-) Victor

Guest oyvindhansen

Would be best to wait for the A350 before the decision is made. But in the meantime the 787 is more modern, if you look away from the fact that it doesn't yet exist. In any case the A330 is the only choice if they need the aircraft anytime soon. -

Guest Paul Heaney

Most of that is Political, they want the Euro countries to go Airbus, instead of Boeing.

Guest MidnightMike

The 787 will beat every performance of the A330-200, except the sticker price.If LOT needs the aircraft NOW, go with the A330-200, if LOT can wait, I would choose the 787.

>Most of that is Political, they want the Euro countries to go>Airbus, instead of Boeing.I agree. It is political. They should do away with any pretense that it is otherwise. There are some airlines in this world however that are far from any political pressures - Singapore Airline is one often quoted. They simply order what is best of them. It will be interesting to watch whether they go for 787 or A350.Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2

Guest AndrewMcGregor

Singapore seem to have ordered some 787s.

>Singapore seem to have ordered some 787s.I don't think so. Unless they did it like within the last 48 hours.Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2

For LOT the 787 is the logical choice as they're a medium sized Boeing operator.For Poland as a country the A330 would be the choice that would prevent "unpleasant" consequences from not obeying orders from their overlords in Paris and Berlin.So technically the 787 is the best aircraft most likely a political choice to give in to pressure from Paris will be made and the A330 purchased.The Dutch government did the same when giving away for free KLM to AF for no need except that the French wanted it.They did the same when the French wanted Dutch Signaal in the 1980s.They did the same when the Germans wanted Fokker in the 1990s.They did the same when buying French helicopters for our army despite the army having declared them unsatisfactory.Each time there were promises of how good it was going to be for us. In all cases it turned out to be a disaster for us but a good thing for the French or Germans.

Guest tferezou

>For LOT the 787 is the logical choice as they're a medium>sized Boeing operator.>For Poland as a country the A330 would be the choice that>would prevent "unpleasant" consequences from not obeying>orders from their overlords in Paris and Berlin.>>So technically the 787 is the best aircraft most likely a>political choice to give in to pressure from Paris will be>made and the A330 purchased.>>The Dutch government did the same when giving away for free>KLM to AF for no need except that the French wanted it.>They did the same when the French wanted Dutch Signaal in the>1980s.>They did the same when the Germans wanted Fokker in the>1990s.>They did the same when buying French helicopters for our army>despite the army having declared them unsatisfactory.>>Each time there were promises of how good it was going to be>for us. In all cases it turned out to be a disaster for us but>a good thing for the French or Germans.Oh dear...It's my first post in Avsim's Forum, but I've been reading for a long time. To Jeroen----------------------------------------------------------I usually don't start a post attacking somebody directly, but this one was the last drop. I must admit that your deep ignorance frightens me. The major part of what you say is nonsense...For example : What do you mean with "giving away for free KLM to AF" ? Do you have any reliable source ? From where did you read that ? It seems you don't know what you're talking about, since Air France has bought *a part* (81% precisely) of KLM at a high price : 784 millions euros, which means 1.034.488.000 dollars. Source : http://www.lexpansion.com/art/17.369.70374.0.html (in french but (lol) reliable).Your hatred, jealousy (?), sense of inferiority, of/compared to French and German (?) blinds you.End--------------------------------------------------------I agree that 787 will certainly be more reliable than the 330. But hey ! You're talking about two aircrafts with more thant 10 years of difference (first A330 aircraft entered in service in 1994). Do you remember, ten years ago, what was your processor speed ? Today's composites were only projects...That's why I think that comparing the A380 to the elderly B747, and the A330 to the 787 is a major mistake... Why don't you compare the 787 to the Convair ? Comparing the 787 to the A350 would be more pertinent. Of course that A380 will be more efficient than the 747 ! It was designed for it ! It was the main purpose, it was developed in close cooperation with the largest world airline companies and airports. And of course that the 787 will be more efficient than the A330. It's a fact : science progresses thus planes progress. It's undeniable.I love the aviation, therefore I love Boeing and Airbus.Cheers,