Sign in to follow this  
markmasterson

FPS Significant Dip when you tick Wide View in Graphics setting

Nope... my FPS is literally unchanged when I enable/disable Wide View.

You should probably post your PC specs, video card/drivers, and monitor configuration to help folks understand where the problem might be.

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

I've seen the change: But if you set wideview to on then zoom in to about the same look as non wide, the FPS should be aprox the same. It's just because you are rendering more with the wideview checked.

• Upvote 1

No issues here. Use WV across three screens too.

Mark

I am having significant fps drop lag and stutters 

I think its due to the stupid win 10 creator update with latest build

Arrgggh so mad 

Cant even select if i want to install update or not

Does it automatically 

3 hours ago, mikeymike said:

I think its due to the stupid win 10 creator update with latest build

You can back this out.

19 hours ago, newtie said:

You can back this out.

Roll back???

Ive done that 

And yet again installs it.

10 minutes ago, mikeymike said:

Roll back???

Ive done that 

And yet again installs it.

One of the main reasons why its wise to have an dedicated OS installation for your flightsim where you can turn off that windows update word not allowed and don't have to install antivirus and other bloatware you dont need for simming.

I myself have windows update turned off.

• Upvote 1

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

15 hours ago, JoeFackel said:

One of the main reasons why its wise to have an dedicated OS installation for your flightsim where you can turn off that windows update word not allowed and don't have to install antivirus and other bloatware you dont need for simming.

I myself have windows update turned off.

But you need updates for better performance no?

It has nothing to do with Win 10 Creators Edition. I run Win 10 Creators Edition and have zero problems. Wide view has always had a slightly negative influence on fps and that is still the same. More so if you have a weak GPU. 

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

1 hour ago, mikeymike said:

But you need updates for better performance no?

Windows updates won't help you performancewise. Graphic driver updates can but for them you don't need Windows Update service.

• Upvote 1

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

On 7/25/2017 at 2:18 AM, carlito777 said:

It has nothing to do with Win 10 Creators Edition. I run Win 10 Creators Edition and have zero problems. Wide view has always had a slightly negative influence on fps and that is still the same. More so if you have a weak GPU. 

I dont have wide view ticked.

Running 2x titans sc sli first editions